    shut down abruptly and then reboot itself. It is a 2-year old HP Tower
    running Windows XP Home Edition with SBC DSL. What kinds of things
    should I look at first? Any help is appreciated.

    Skip Tomylew, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Skip Tomylew

    AG Guest

    HP computers have lots of problems with power supplies. I'd also look to be
    sure that all of the fans were working.

    AG

    AG, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Skip Tomylew

    Skip Tomylew Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to check it out, being mindful
    of the things suggested, then get back with the group. Thanks everyone
    for being so helpful!

    Skip Tomylew, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Skip Tomylew

    Skip Tomylew Guest

    Good Advice!

    Skip Tomylew, Nov 10, 2004
  5. Skip Tomylew

    Jack Guest

    Do you have the latest MS updates? This almost sounds like the MSBlaster
    virus from about a year or so ago.

    Jack, Nov 13, 2004