    to the PC and viewed it in Adobe Elements 2.0 or Ms Photo / Fax
    viewer, it appears with stripes. How can I fix the picture? What
    caused the problem?

    Bubba, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Looks like the file was corrupted to me.

    Joseph Meehan, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Bubba

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Looks like the memory card is bad, or the image has been corrupted somehow.
    Perhaps during the transfer.

    I've seen similar lines on images I was getting from one of my CF cards that
    started generating camera errors.

    There's no way to fix it.. Do you still have the original on the flash
    card ? If so, try copy it again.

    Jim Townsend, Oct 28, 2004
  4. Bubba

    Robert Guest

    Try a in camera reformat

    Robert, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Bubba

    kashe Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:36:27 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

    Did you try looking at it in Explorer (assumong Windows here)
    before looking at it in Elements? When you say "loaded", do you mean
    read the card in a reader or downloaded directly from the camera with
    the card still in it.

    kashe, Oct 28, 2004
  6. Bubba

    Bubba Guest

    The picture at the hotlink was loaded via a memory card reader and not
    directly from the camera's usb port. What is strange is all the pictures
    stored on the cf card looked great when viewed on the camera.

    I recovered all the corrupted pictures by copying them with the camera'a
    edit / copy feature to the xd memory card in the camera. Then I loaded them
    from the xd card onto the pc via memory card reader.

    I reformatted the cf memory card which appears to have corrected the
    problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

    Bubba, Oct 29, 2004
  7. Bubba

    Hunt Guest

    As others have stated, your JPG is corrupted. Did you Copy, or Move the file(
    s) to your HDD? One should always Copy in the transfer process, so that the
    original files are still on the card. If they are still there, then you might
    want to check your transfer process, i.e. cables, software, drivers, etc. then
    try it all over again. If they are still on card, try looking at them with the
    camera again. If they are OK, you probably have a glitch in your transfer
    process. Take the card to a commercial photo shop and pay to have the images
    transfered and burned to CD, or similar.

    If they were Move(d) in the transfer, then this is a valuable lesson on why
    one never does that. You might still be able to recover the images from the
    card, provided that you have not re-formatted it, or recorded over that data.
    Even re-format might be recoverable, but you'll need to Google for softare to
    try that.

    Good luck,
    Hunt

    Hunt, Oct 30, 2004