    but uf the area code is 232 calls the same number 555-555-5555 to forward
    these calls to 333-333-3333?

    can this be done

    Void & Null, May 31, 2005

  2. Void & Null

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Sure, if you're running Asterisk or something similar you can handle and
    route your calls any way you want. This isn't so much about VoIP per se as
    about having control over what happens with your phone calls, which happens
    to be much easier (cheaper) with VoIP.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, May 31, 2005

  3. Void & Null

    Void & Null Guest

    yes, I know it was not only a voip thing, but since this is a voip forum.
    were can I download a windows install of Asterisk?

    Void & Null, May 31, 2005
  4. Void & Null

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Nowhere - it's a unix program. If you have an old computer lying around and
    you don't need anything that's currently on its hard drive, you can download
    a CD image that will automatically install Linux and Asterisk onto it.

    Well, actually you can download it from the link on this page:

    http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=astwind

    but what it actually does is dynamically set up a fake little virtual Linux
    environment when you run it.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, May 31, 2005