what can i do with an integrated 1.2mp camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Henley, May 14, 2004.

  1. Mike Henley

    Mike Henley Guest

    Just a few days ago i purchased a palmone zire 72 handheld, which has
    a built-in 1.2mp camera that can take stills and video. Now,
    obviously, the main use of the handheld is for PDA functions but the
    camera comes in handy as i often carry the handheld with me, in my
    pocket, everywhere i go (if i had to carry a second device it would
    probably be a small bluetooth phone in my other pocket for
    connectivity, but carrying 3 devices, such as a dedicated camera too,
    is a little too much for me).

    That said though, the camera feature reignited my interest in taking
    pictures of things i see during the day. I'm sorta developing a Don
    Quixotistic affection for it, in a similar way to those lomography and
    minox fans. I wonder what you guys think of the quality of the
    pictures the device takes considering it's a 1.2 integrated camera
    (i've seen many comments on palm newsgroups and handheld reviews but
    they tend to come from PDA folks rather than photography
    enthausiasts), and what suggestion you have for me to take better
    pictures and enhance them...

    here are some examples of photos i took with my PDA...

    http://community.webshots.com/s/image12/2/41/84/140524184unAxxq_fs.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/s/image11/2/47/69/140524769oZhmoe_fs.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/s/image12/2/49/38/140524938LaljsW_fs.jpg
    http://community.webshots.com/s/image11/7/61/76/142176176MqIaQP_fs.jpg

    http://community.webshots.com/user/metalpretzels (click view full
    images(s))

    and for those who don't know what a zire 72 is, it's this device..
    http://www.palmone.com/us/products/handhelds/zire72/

    Mike Henley, May 14, 2004

  2. Mike Henley

    bagal Guest

    these are certainly leeds :)

    bagal, May 14, 2004

  3. First, you have to learn how to correct the colors. There is puple in the
    photos when it shouldn't be.

    Wit a 1.2.Mp picture, you can make small prints, send photos be e-mail, or
    put them on the Web.

    Have fun with the camera. If you get serious about photography, you'll want
    to get something better.

    Marvin Margoshes, May 14, 2004
  4. Mike Henley

    Mike Henley Guest

    i noticed this purple in photos that shouldn't be there; how can i
    correct the colors?

    the camera application has white balance (automatic, fluorescent,
    incadescent, and sunlight) and 4 other advanced settings dials for
    contrast, brightness, saturation and sharpness... i set the white
    balance to automatic and all others to default which is halfway on the
    dieal. would color correction be in these or did you mean with an
    image software on the desktop after i take the pictures?

    Mike Henley, May 15, 2004