    Else I am going to auction it in vintage computers on TradeMe.

    I have no software or other peripherals to go with it.

    Any ideas? Or is it better going to some enthusiast via auction?

    RdM, Aug 29, 2005

  2. RdM

    PAM. Guest

    Is it one with a built in tape deck? Maybe you can check the 'net for games
    and ways of getting it onto the machine?

    PAM.

    PAM., Aug 29, 2005

  3. RdM

    Thor Guest

    Even without a built in tape deck, get hold of an old one, they are just
    audio files, you can play them from your speakers and then record them with
    a mike onto tapes for use in that machine. The BBC used to play them across
    the radio and it was just a matter of taping them.

    Thor, Aug 29, 2005
  4. RdM

    PAM. Guest

    I'd prefer burning them to CD and then copying them from CD to tape on a
    musc box

    PAM.

    PAM., Aug 29, 2005
  5. RdM

    Richard Guest

    Of just plug the line out of the PC to the spectrum and play the file straight
    into it.

    where can you download stuff from? I have an old spectrum at mums place but I
    dont have a tape deck anymore and dont really feel like buying one

    Richard, Aug 29, 2005
  6. RdM

    Thor Guest

    You'd have to watch the levels, they were very sensitive can't be to loud
    or too soft and you need all the treble you can get before getting hiss.
    Here's a good starting place

    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/archive.html

    Thor, Aug 30, 2005
  7. RdM

    Daniel Guest

    Or plug the CD player into the sinclair.. "my Sinclair has a CD ROM ;-)"

    Daniel, Aug 30, 2005
  8. RdM

    Thor Guest

    That would probably work to, straight from the cd headphone socket, the
    only rouble would be finding the games :) You would get heaps on a cd.

    Thor, Aug 30, 2005
  9. RdM

    AD. Guest

    I remember spending a lot of time playing Tomahawk - an Apache gunship
    flight sim with a relatively realistic flight model and even a 'real time'
    campaign.

    I still marvel about how they managed to fit that into 48k. It was quite
    amazing how games progressed for it - from simple crap like Horace and the
    spiders up to stuff like Elite and Tomahawk.

    I think I blew about two years worth of paper run savings on that machine :)

    AD., Aug 30, 2005
  10. RdM

    steve Guest

    "Lords of Midnight" (IIRC) was an awesome game at the time.
    Too bad.
    Better to an enthusiast - by whatever means.

    steve, Aug 30, 2005
  11. RdM

    Thor Guest

    AD. wrote:

    The way I used to start was sit on the helipad and track the incoming and
    take them out with missiles then head for the target buildings.
    Wec lemans was another great one. There was of course sim city too.
    I used to bring the games in from the UK, those were the days.

    Thor, Aug 30, 2005
  12. RdM

    Thor Guest

    There is actually a version of that for dos

    Thor, Aug 30, 2005
  13. T'was the Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:00:05 +1200 when I remembered RdM
    BB server? :)

    Waylon Kenning, Aug 30, 2005
  14. RdM

    Richard Guest

    No you wouldnt, a cd holds at best about 80-90 mins of audio, and i recall some
    of the games taking up to 5 mins to load, so thats only 18 games.

    Richard, Aug 30, 2005
  15. RdM

    RdM Guest

    Great link, thanks!
    I realised I'd actually been to the home page in the past too, but had
    forgotten about it. OK, there's plenty of software (and even cassette
    covers!) and useful suggestions have been made re transferring it in.
    I even have an old slim mono portable cassette player that would be a useful
    match for it if it were to be given away with some program copies ...
    Or I might sell it as before. Thanks for the contributions, everyone.

    RdM, Aug 30, 2005