    There's a rebate campaign for this month and looks worthy, what's your
    opinion?

    Thanks for your help

    JVCarver, Mar 11, 2005

  2. JVCarver

    Darrell Guest

    The Coolpix 8400 starts at the equivalent of 24mm

    Darrell, Mar 11, 2005

  3. I bought one for about $240 after the rebate. It's a steal at that
    price and a very good camera even at the full price.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 12, 2005
  4. JVCarver

    Clyde Torres Guest

    I disagree. I think the 5400 is a very mediocre camera. We have two of
    them at work, and they suk compared to the cameras that I have. Of course,
    I have dSLRs. I guess the problem is that once you go with a good dSLR,
    you'll never go back.

    Clyde

    Clyde Torres, Mar 12, 2005

  5. The 5400 is a fabulous camera compared to the Fiji throwaways :)

    The 5400 is very good for what it is, as all the review web sites
    attest, especially at under $250 with the rebate. Show me anything
    else that good for that money.

    But it's not up to my D70.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 12, 2005
  6. JVCarver

    Clyde Torres Guest

    Well, I agree that for $250, it's pretty good. I just get tired of using
    the ones at work, because the end results are mediocre compared to my
    equipment. I have a D70 and a 20D, and it simply doesn't compare. For
    someone who doesn't have the money to spend on good dSLRs, it's okay.

    Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres, Mar 12, 2005