What browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Silverstrand, Jun 25, 2005.

?

What browser do you use?

  1. Firefox

    92.9%
  2. Opera

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Internet Explorer

    3.6%
  4. Safari

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Netscape

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

    3.6%
  1. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    man gmod is so much fun :D and doing stuff with Pulls and ropes is fun :D

    unholy, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    heres what you do:
    1) Spawn a jeep. then spawn and alyx about 2 metres in front of the jeep. use a pulley on alyx. Attach that pulley to the wall IN FRONT of the jeep, in the direction it will go when you drive it. The next point of the pulley has to go on the wall BEHIND the jeep. The final pulley point will be on the ammo box of the jeep on the back. Now, jump in the jeep, and turbo straight forward. Alyx will be dragged along in front of you. When you are a few metres away from the wall the pulley is attached to, she will hit the pulley and you can imagine the bone-breaking noises yourself. Since the pulley is so small, the jeep will get jerked backwards. When this happens, reverse, then repeat the whole thing again. Hours of fun for everyone!
    Next fun tip:
    2) (Note: This works best in Construct level) Spawn a Rollermine in the middle of the grassy area, WITH AI TURNED OFF. VERY IMPORTANT. Now, use the duplicate tool to spawn 50-70 of them in a group. Equip D.S.L.A.M's (Explosives) and throw 15 around in the middle of the group. Once you think the whole group will bit hit by the blasts, run over to the raised platform against the far wall. Once on the platform, make sure you have a good view. Now turn AI ON. Use the alternate fire of the explosives to detonate them. The rollermines will be fired into the air, where they will all detonated. This will give you a nice aerial mine field. This trick is fun if you start a net server and get it all set up before someone joins. When they join, it's time to push the button marked 'BANG' :)
    Hope you enjoyed my tips :p

    XhArD, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe funny ever tried having fun with the combine models?

    unholy, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    what do you mean having fun? Ive flicked them around and exploded them n such, but what in particular?
    And I did this, I was just duplicating/spawning them everywhere, and I spawned a stack against a wall :p
    [​IMG]

    XhArD, Sep 19, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    not the combine soliders
    the combine models, like walls and doors and cars and stuff :p
    make a wall and catch them on fire :p

    unholy, Sep 19, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    oh yeah. I made it rain combine APCs :) I got crushed :(
    Also wrote my name with explosives :) XhArD in flashy red lights. Problem is, since I had so many bombs, it doesn't show the explosions :( Just hear a bang, and it leaves a little bit of char stuff where the D was, but no where else :(
    [​IMG]

    XhArD, Sep 19, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe Gmod has something to do with IE/Firefox???? :|

    unholy, Sep 19, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes, of course it does. If you want GMod you've got to use a browser to go get it. Now shaddap! :p

    The Modfather, Sep 19, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    what if you get it burnt off a friend? They might have used a browser, but you didn't :p

    XhArD, Sep 20, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer... like how i gave it to Pink Fluffy Bunny...

    unholy, Sep 20, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    lol. He was all happy because he wasn't getting lag when he started a server. He didn't realise that if a server is on 56K net, everyone else is gonna be lagged to hell and back, lol.
    Heres another fun thing to do involving Rollermines :)
    Spawn a ton of them under the water in GM_Construct level. Once you've spawned about 60 - 70, equip explosives. use all the explosives you have, just leaving them spread through the group of mines. If you run out of ammo, open the console and type 'sv_cheats 1'. Then type 'impulse 101' a couple of times. You'll have more ammo. Now, make sure that every single rollermine will be hit by the explosives. Leave the water and stand a safe distance away. Detonate the explosives. You get this nice underwater bomb effect :) Much more impressive in action than in my screenshot.
    [​IMG]

    XhArD, Sep 20, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    nice one u cheater :p

    unholy, Sep 20, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Hey, it was purely in the interest of exploding lots of things :p

    XhArD, Sep 20, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe explodo's!!!

    unholy, Sep 20, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Don't matter, browser was used somewhere in there so it's appropriate.

    The Modfather, Sep 20, 2005