What browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Silverstrand, Jun 25, 2005.

?

What browser do you use?

  1. Firefox

    92.9%
  2. Opera

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Internet Explorer

    3.6%
  4. Safari

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Netscape

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

    3.6%
  1. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Whats so special about IE?

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    holy crap some one has been ie voting... BAN THEM BAN THEM :p

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    I didn't realize we have 25 active members...

    Silverstrand, Sep 15, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    neither did i. i wonder who they are?

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i count at 2... (my post count :|)

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    It works for me and I don't have any problems with it's main structure. So why would I change?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    because FF is faster. in most cases any way, and you can make it even faster by using Firetune. And it has that groovy little search bar thing in the top right corner :)

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    You need another program to make it faster?? *rolls eyes*
    And you get pop ups telling you that you had a pop up blocked....

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    so does Service Pack 2. and that program is about 27kb in size. soon as you run it, push Tune and firefox goes 30 times faster :)

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I never get popups that tell me a popup was blocked.. Also it's got tabbed browsing, tons of cool extensions and plugins, it's 5000 times more SECURE than IE (That's the most important thing right there). It's just, well, a bazillion freakin' times better than IE. I've removed all traces of IE from my machine, I hate it.

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Im running FF on my computer, but never got around to putting it on the family one, so whenever i have to use the other computer for some reason im stuck with IE :(

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Because it isn't targeted by hackers if they want to cause trouble. They will exploit something that many people use which is IE but I keep and eye on things and don't have any probs.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Unfortunately our troubles have gone detected, IE cant not be removed as easy as u think... Explore includes IE :(
    {quote]Because it isn't targeted by hackers if they want to cause trouble[/quote]
    IE isn't targeted by hackers... but by Spammer and AdWare.. only microsoft left the exploits there..
    And might i add Firefox has been targeted on a massive scale.. so dont think Firefox is little ms hacker free...
    IE has popups ... even after blockers... IE actually seems to have adware in itself... i started ie to get firefox... ad i got 180 serach Assistant.... how can u tell that happened! after an install...

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    You don't have SP2 on do you?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 16, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Nothing is totally secure and just because you got spyware, adware or hijacked doesn't mean it's the fault of the browser necessarally. You should always run a firewall and keep some active spyware blocking on as well as a virus scan. I'm lucky in the fact that I have a Cisco hardware firewall which keeps me slightly more secure than most software firewalls but stuff can always find a way in. FF is however still a ton more secure than IE. Just in its very design it has to be. It's because of IE's link to the OS that it's insecure. FF's insecurities come from coding issues. IE's other insecurity is a result of ActiveX, simply say no to ActiveX at all cost. My father got an email 2 days ago supposedly from Comcast (our ISP) claiming to offer him a free copy of McAfee Virus Scanner. So he stupidly went to the link in the E-Mail. The link then proceeded to tell him that he couldn't get the file because he wasn't using Internet Explorer, so, like a fool he fires up IE. Then it tells him he can't get it because ActiveX isn't installed. (I'm sitting at his place at this point and he's telling me this as he's on the site. The whole time I'm saying "Don't do it Dad, it's a scam!") Well he goes ahead and lets it install ActiveX... I'll give you three guesses what happened later.

    The Modfather, Sep 16, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Oh your asking for it!!!
    Hmmm so no flash player???? ActiveX so useful... yet so evil!!!!
    So microsoft can code now???
    #1: He fell down a well
    #2: His computer jumped out the window and decided to kill the tree next door
    #3: the ActiveX was not a scam and ur dad sent u to bed without any dinner...

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I choose number 3. That woulda been so damn funny :p NO DINNER FOR YOU! Your dad wouldhave been the Dinner Nazi :)

    XhArD, Sep 16, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol :D... glad to be of service :D

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hahahaa.... Nah, fortunately he can't do that. I don't live with my parents, I come home and make my own dinner. :) Lets just say he had a lot of lovely spyware, adware, viruses, etc... But he always does. He might as well hang a big neon sign out that says "Come screw with my computer".
    Why is using a hardware firewall asking for it?

    The Modfather, Sep 17, 2005
  20. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Your are asking for a beating, because i want one :p

    unholy, Sep 17, 2005