    Am i asking toooooooooo much ?

    Thanks.

    HELLO NURSE.

    OCZ Guy, Aug 29, 2004

  2. OCZ Guy

    AstroPax Guest

    Can't speak for the Canon DSLR's, but the Nikon D100, D2H, and D70 all
    have instantaneous start-up times.

    Over in the point-n-shoot category, I believe the Olympus C8080 is
    relatively fast.

    -Astro

    AstroPax, Aug 29, 2004

  3. OCZ Guy

    Drifter Guest

    Older Canon (like my 10D, gosh it hurts to call it "older" now <grin)
    take about 2 seconds. Newer ones like the 20D are supposed to be
    instant on. However I can leave my camera on nearly all day before
    the battery pack goes flat (in active, not standby mode) so it really
    makes no difference to me.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Aug 30, 2004
  4. That's why I use an external battery pack (DPS-9000) that fools the camera into
    never going to sleep. I find I get 5 hours or so of continous performance
    before it is discharged and the camera falls back to the builtin batteries.
    Note, there still is the normal focusing and shutter lag delays (focusing I can
    avoid by pre-focusing).

    As others have said, the Canon 20D (maybe Canon 1D mark-II, but I don't recall
    the specs), and Nikon D2H, offer nearly instant on, and if you use the
    professional level lenses, the focusing should be very fast as well. However,
    be prepared to shell out some serious cash if you need the extreme speed.

    Michael Meissner, Aug 30, 2004
  5. OCZ Guy

    Ron Hunter Guest

    No, there are cameras that will do that. Some have startup times of
    about 1 second. Check dpreview site for specs.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 30, 2004
  6. OCZ Guy

    Big Bill Guest

    The new Canon 20D claims .2 second from off to ready to shoot.
    Yes, that's 2/10 seconds.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Aug 30, 2004
  7. OCZ Guy

    Ron Hunter Guest

    That oughta do it...

    Ron Hunter, Aug 30, 2004
  8. OCZ Guy

    Mitch Alsup Guest

    One of the previewrs measured the startup delay by holding the
    shutter button down and then turning on the camera. IT went click
    at 0.2 seconds. This camera also had a shutter button to click
    time of 72ms. So the real turnon delay is closer to 0.13 seconds.
    But all of this is just silly for 99% of us.

    Mitch Alsup, Aug 30, 2004
  9. OCZ Guy

    AJH400 Guest

    See somthingi want to take a picture off turn on camera and the time i
    For quick startup n' shooting compact digital cameras, take a look at the Casio
    R41-51-61 range, or the Ricoh GX.
    All have 1sec start ups, and almost zero shutter lag. And they're cheap!!

    I know, I've got em!

    Andrew

    replying? delete killspam from @aol.com******** and shoot any spammers you
    meet ;-)