    vertical software.

    Thank you

    Steve

    Steve Benson, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Steve Benson

    FML Guest

    Windows Server 2003 is, well, just that, Windows Server 2003.
    "Windows Small Business Server 2003 is available in two editions:
    Standard and Premium. The Standard edition includes Microsoft Windows
    ServerT 2003 technologies, fax service, firewall service, remote access,
    Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, and an out-of-the-box solution for
    internal Web sites. The Premium edition includes everything in the
    standard edition plus Microsoft SQL ServerT 2000, Microsoft Internet
    Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004, and Microsoft applications
    for advanced firewall and Web-caching needs."

    above quoted from:
    <http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/products/server/resource-kit/about.htm>

    FML, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Steve Benson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Another significant issue where I work would be the lack of Terminal
    Services. While it can be added as separate purchase, I've not yet added up
    the cost of both the SBS and terminal services to compare it to the cost of
    the full Windows Server 2003. I have left our payroll dept. on their W2K
    server for that reason. Besides, if it ain't broke, don't fix it <g>!

    Toolman Tim, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Steve Benson

    Steve Benson Guest

    I was on the Dell site doing customization and the SBS seemed less
    then windows 2003 server.

    Steve Benson, Aug 24, 2005