  1. If I buy a camera from Pixmania in France or B & H NYC what are the chances
    I'll be hit for VAT and or import duty when the package arrives in Ireland?

    JB

    Jackson Bryan, May 9, 2007

  2. Jackson Bryan

    Zen Diver Guest

    If my experiences in the UK are anything to go by you shouldn't get
    stung for import with Pixmania being in the EU and all, although you may
    still be liable for VAT. Although I have heard plenty against Pixmania,
    I have had a decent experience with them on the one time I bought
    something from them.

    From B&H you will probably get stung for both.

    To make matters worse you might also want to check whether there is a
    clearing charge made by the PO. This is on top of any Tax that is payable.

    jon

    Zen Diver, May 9, 2007