    Please suggest.

    Thanks in advance
    Shilpa Ginode

    Shilpa Ginode, Aug 19, 2008

  2. Shilpa Ginode

    Marc Guest

    You can do 70-547 to do mcpd web or 70-526, 70-529 and 70-549 to become mcpd
    enterprise.

    So it depends, are you interested in web development specificly, or are you
    aiming more general?

    Marc, Aug 19, 2008

  3. Hi Marc,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I want to be expertise in somewhat latest version or area of .Net.

    My interest is basically exploring new trends in .Net.

    So what do you think i can go for?

    Please suggest.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Shilpa

    Shilpa Ginode, Aug 21, 2008
  4. Shilpa Ginode

    Marc Guest

    70-529

    Marc, Aug 21, 2008
  5. Hi Marc,

    What do you think about 70-562 which is for MCTS .net framework 3.5 -
    Asp.net applications.?

    Thanks
    Shilpa

    Shilpa Ginode, Sep 5, 2008
  6. Shilpa Ginode

    Marc Guest

    Actually, I think they are updating the certifications faster then I can
    study. :)

    But seriously, I think you'd be better off learning something new in a
    certain field, f.e. webservices, connections between application, then the
    same technique with a newer exam. I'd think the first would make a better
    impression on a manager hiring you. Nevertheless I am not a human resource
    manager, so, who am I to decide that for you?

    Marc Wentink

    Marc, Sep 8, 2008
  7. Hi Marc,

    happy to reply.

    I am just asking for your suggestions,ultimately i am the one who gonna
    decide which exam to appear because i need to give exam.. ;-)

    I must appreciate your help in that.

    Can you please justify how you think that first would make better
    impression? Just for my sake of satisfaction.

    I just want to be in sync wih new technologies in the market. However if
    first certification makes any good impression or impact on my .net career
    then i would rather give preference to that one.

    Shilpa Ginode, Sep 10, 2008
  8. Shilpa Ginode

    Marc Guest

    Well I think that the principle of for example ASP.NET stays the same, with
    a new version you have more tools, but the main thing is to show you know
    the basics. Mostly only a tiny few projects in a company already use the
    latest tools. And each company will have his own tool set, third party, home
    written anyway. Hence knowing the principle of inter application messaging,
    webservices, is more important then having certification in the latest
    latest ASP.NET possibilities while you already know the principle. And if
    you want to show your 'state of the art' knowledge you should just read the
    on line articles and newest information on the web, and explain your views
    in the job interview.

    Not that I know the state of the art, nor that I am already fully secure
    with the basics of ASP.NET, but that's another thing. I just do not have the
    time as a single parent for example, and I do a lot of sports and other
    actvities et cetera, et cetera. ;)

    Marc Wentink

    Marc, Sep 10, 2008
  9. Hi Marc,

    Thanks a ton for your quick reply.

    I will look on points mentioned by you and decide which to prefer.

    I do agree with you that ultimate purpose of the ASP.NET is same only
    difference in with introduction of some new tools as it is not any new
    techonology or thing for current market.

    Anyways good to know that you do lots of other activities also apart from
    answering questions on this community so quickly. ;-)

    Shilpa Ginode, Sep 10, 2008