    infancy, and the cost is to high.

    Looking to spend at MAX £70.00 uk

    Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks

    codeblue, Sep 17, 2004

  2. codeblue

    Conor Guest

    Look for routers supporting UPnP

    Conor, Sep 18, 2004

  3. codeblue

    codeblue Guest

    The Netgear DG834G supports UPuP but still has P2P issues?

    codeblue, Sep 18, 2004
  4. codeblue

    Shawk Guest

    DG834 here (not 'G'). Never had an issue with P2P. Shaun

    Shawk, Sep 18, 2004
  5. codeblue

    codeblue Guest

    codeblue, Sep 18, 2004
  6. codeblue

    Raymond Guest

    You want the D-link 604 router, cheap, good,
    reliable, popular, and award winning.

    Raymond, Sep 18, 2004
  7. codeblue

    Raymond Guest

    Ooops, you wanted a built-in modem? Sorry,
    no built-in modem with the 604.

    Raymond, Sep 18, 2004
  8. codeblue

    kony Guest

    "Must" and "want" are two different things. You may end up
    with better gear by getting separates, and if you stack them
    they won't take up addt'l space either.
    Maybe, or maybe that reviewer's system had configuration
    problems, and/or P2P config problem.
    If you want one, I suggest buying from someplace with a good
    return policy and trying it. Some places may charge 15%,
    but if you have to spend a lot of time looking around, that
    might be worthwhile risk... it may work fine. I see a pic
    on that review of outbound traffic being logged... could be
    that disabling that is a fix with P2P, or simply that
    another router not logging outbound traffic works ok, simply
    due to omission of this feature.

    Main question is, do you really NEED any particular features
    beyond those on any contemporary cheap consumer grade router
    or just any-old router with NAT and a built-in switch would
    suffice?

    Naw, might as well get a wireless router, the cost
    difference is very slight these days and it opens up a lot
    more potential. If you wait till everything is past it's
    "infancy", you can't very well buy ANYTHING, since
    technology always changes.

    Don't know uk pricing, can't help there.

    kony, Sep 18, 2004
  9. codeblue

    Noozer Guest

    "MUST" have a modem built in? Why?

    It will almost definately cost more since it would be a small market
    specialty device. Also, if one part breaks you'll have to replace the whole
    thing.

    Noozer, Sep 18, 2004
  10. codeblue

    Ken Guest

    With a lot of problems!
    (harware and software)

    Ken, Sep 18, 2004
  11. codeblue

    kony Guest

    Problems doing what?

    Used to have one, worked fine.
    Still have a 704, works fine.
    Have a 614 also, also works fine.

    kony, Sep 18, 2004
  12. codeblue

    Ken Guest

    Big problems i Sweden.
    D-Link replace some routers that hang.
    Some have heat problem and other problems.
    Not all have problems, but to many.
    I would never buy at D-Link.

    Ken, Sep 18, 2004
  13. codeblue

    Raymond Guest

    I only buy D-Link. I also use their NICs,
    and have previously used their switches too,
    and never had a single significant problem
    whatsoever. Not in Sweden though, U.S. here!

    Raymond, Sep 19, 2004
  14. codeblue

    BruceM Guest

    I just setup a Linksys WAG54G here to feed 4 comps (wired) plus enable three
    wireless connections for laptops. Sooooo easy....
    BruceM

    BruceM, Sep 19, 2004
  15. codeblue

    Robert Guest

    IF you can stretch your budget a bit broadbandbuyer.com have the DrayTek
    Vigor 2500 at £85.13 - an excellent piece of kit.
    http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=725

    Robert, Sep 19, 2004
  16. codeblue

    Lordy Guest

    In the UK on ADSL its a very popular solution. esp with integrated Switch.
    Definitely not a small market. Look at any UK ADSL site (or UK technology
    retailer)

    The price difference is not that big either.

    Lordy, Sep 23, 2004