    then this evening I get the word on the Sony 828. Anybody see one yet?
    Opinions?

    Jimmy

    Jimmy Smith, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Jimmy Smith

    bmoag Guest

    Stores are quoting mid-January. It was supposed to be available Nov. 1. If
    Sony is missing the Christmas season that means there are serious production
    problems with this camera that they announced last August. Sony makes the
    sensors for many other camera brands: might this 8mp sensor show up in a
    Nikon next year?

    bmoag, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Jimmy Smith

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I hope you are not reconsidering the purchase
    of a DSLR for a couple extra megs of resolution.

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Jimmy Smith

    Bob Niland Guest

    24 November
    "mid December"
    15 January

    Depending on which Sony source you pick.

    Amazon.com had it listed for 20 Jan, but
    recently de-listed it (ASIN: B0000D8IU8)

    Wait until dpreview puts one through the
    grinder. Also, you'd better be happy with
    the nailed-on lens, because it appears that
    the '828 can't handle any accessory lenses
    bigger than a filter.

    If the '828 is a bust, or never releases,
    I'll probably get an EOS-300D.
    Indeed. I won't be a bit surprised if the
    "8Mp" F828 provides no more useable resolution
    than the "6Mp" EOS-300D.

    --
    Regards, PO Box 248
    Bob Niland Enterprise

    Unless otherwise specifically stated, expressing
    personal opinions and NOT speaking for any
    employer, client or Internet Service Provider.

    Bob Niland, Nov 8, 2003