    an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

    Thanks
    David

    David Floyd, Nov 24, 2005

  2. David Floyd

    Mark Adamson Guest

    I cannot say whether they mind or not, but I have been known to call 0800
    052 2000 (NTL support line, happy memories!)

    Mark Adamson, Nov 24, 2005

  3. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I usually use the Orange info line, 0800 801080 but this has now changed
    to 0800 079 5000.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 24, 2005
  4. That's ok, they'll never answer it anyway.

    Geoff Winkless, Nov 24, 2005
  5. David Floyd

    thoss Guest

    Depends what you want to test. If it's just the phone line, I use 1471
    to test for outgoing calls, and 1475 for incoming (for a BT line). Not
    0800, though.

    thoss, Nov 24, 2005
  6. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    Well, thanks for your reply, but since this is uk.telecom.voip that's
    not really appropriate !! :-(

    DF

    David Floyd, Nov 24, 2005
  7. David Floyd

    Mark Guest

    BT Newsline
    0800 500005

    Used mainly for staff but widely known about.

    Mark, Nov 24, 2005