WGA

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 5, 2006

  2. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Frisbee®, Jul 5, 2006

  3. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    Even to BBC? That's just a bit paranoid, Fris.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com claims to have seen the Loch Ness monster on several
    occasions.

    Briscobar, Jul 5, 2006
  4. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Hey! I can't just go clicking links that are on a site called BBC!

    It might stand for Big Busty Chicks!

    Oh, wait. That's a good thing, isn't it?

    Frisbee®, Jul 5, 2006
  5. Guest

    LnkWizard2 Guest

    Only if your PC isn't being watched by Big Brother
    or have a net nanny babysitting you.

    LnkWizard2, Jul 5, 2006
  6. Guest

    kpg Guest

    As LnkWizard2 once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    ....and you call yourself an Admin.

    kpg, Jul 5, 2006
  7. Guest

    JaR Guest

    "Customers have been crying out for a tool which could tell them if they
    have been duped,"ROFLAPACHECOPTER! LOLLERSKATEBOARDS!!!!!111111!!

    Yeah right. Never a day goes by that I don't hear someone say that.

    WGA is spyware, plain and simple. If MS had just required validation to
    d/l an update, that would no prob AFAIC. But anything that is put on my
    computer by stealth that is constantly calling home that I can't readily
    uninstall is spyware!

    JaR, Jul 5, 2006
  8. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    bwahahaha

    Consultant, Jul 5, 2006
  9. Guest

    LnkWizard2 Guest

    I've never said I was an admin, at least not at this place.

    LnkWizard2, Jul 5, 2006
  10. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    WGA is spyware, plain and simple. If MS had just required validation to
    As it's not part of the [original] license agreement, I'd tend to
    agree. However ms, and other such companies, have the right to protect
    their source of income, while at the same time, the consumer as the
    right NOT to use their products.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jul 6, 2006
  11. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    It might stand for Big Busty Chicks!
    or
    Blind Blaspheming Catholics

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jul 6, 2006
  12. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Yup, that's the point. It isn't part of the licence agreement. Even if it
    was, not many have an attorney available to read and interpret every line
    of the bloody thing.

    Secondly; when you d/l the POS, it does not offer the ability to
    stop it from reporting back to MS.

    Protecting their source of income does not give them the right to install
    spyware on my machine.

    JaR, Jul 6, 2006
  13. Guest

    e^\(-i*pi\) Guest

    See? Now it's getting all emotional.

    "JaR"

    e^\(-i*pi\), Jul 6, 2006
  14. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Did somebody leave the door into stupid open again?

    JaR, Jul 6, 2006
  15. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Brainbench Bantying Certaholics?

    ;)

    Neil, Jul 7, 2006
  16. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Oooh, a double-slam (to me).
    Smiling don't get you off the hook, bub.

    Frickin' canucks...

    Frisbee®, Jul 7, 2006
  17. Guest

    Neil Guest

    HOOK? Are we going fishing Uncle Fris? Can we bring the Canadian beer?

    Neil, Jul 7, 2006
  18. Guest

    Sanjay Guest

    you are just being an anti Microsoft grumpy bag. If you don't like don't
    come to this site.

    Sanjay, Jul 7, 2006
  19. Guest

    Sanjay Guest

    No ur stuipd

    Sanjay, Jul 7, 2006
  20. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    Haha, JaR's a "grumpy bag".

    Haha, this is not a site.

    Haha, ur stupid.

    Haha, goodbye.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    nerd32768's mother told him to clean his room. Instead, he visited
    www.mcngp.com.

    Briscobar, Jul 7, 2006