    I can't find the address. How do I discover what the address it so I can
    set it up? Thanks.

    Mike D.

    Michael Dobony, Dec 14, 2009

  2. Michael Dobony

    Char Jackson Guest

    You don't mention any IP address information, but did you see this
    page?
    <http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4894>

    It mentions that a total reset requires holding the reset button for
    30 seconds, and that the unit's IP address after a reset will be
    192.168.1.226. Have you tried that?

    If so, I suppose there's always a brute force approach where you use a
    network scanner and scan a range of IP addresses, hoping to get a hit.
    For example, you might scan from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.15.254 and see
    if you get lucky. If not, expand the range, etc.

    Char Jackson, Dec 14, 2009

  3. Yup, tried that and it will not go to default.
    The ethernet connection is setting up at 169.255.180.3. Traces are not
    going past that.

    Michael Dobony, Dec 15, 2009
  4. Michael Dobony

    Char Jackson Guest

    I'm guessing that IP address belongs to the PC, right? An IP in that
    range usually indicates that the PC is configured for DHCP, but no
    DHCP server is available. If that's the case, just configure the PC to
    have an IP address in the 192.168.1.x subnet, with a netmask of
    255.255.255.0. At that point you should be able to access the bridge
    at its default address of 192.168.1.226.

    Also, it's probably worth mentioning that you should check the
    obvious, such as making sure you have Link lights at both ends of the
    network connection. If not, try another cable.

    Char Jackson, Dec 16, 2009
  5. The message <1d0pp5i439bzv$>
    If the router's dhcp server is enabled and the PC has been configured
    to request an IP lease (automatically obtain an IP address in windows
    systems) you can use the ipconfig /all command to discover the gateway
    address.

    Once you've ascertained the gateway address, you can use this in your
    favourite web browser to access the router.

    HTH

    Johnny B Good, Dec 16, 2009
  6. Michael Dobony

    Char Jackson Guest

    I don't think the bridge is also his gateway...

    Char Jackson, Dec 16, 2009
  7. THAT DID IT! However, it didn't like the password. I played around a lot
    and tried admin as both the user name and password and it worked. Thanks!

    Michael Dobony, Dec 17, 2009
  8. Michael Dobony

    Char Jackson Guest

    You're welcome, thanks for confirming your success. Have fun. :)

    Char Jackson, Dec 17, 2009
  9. just to confirm what "THAT" is, I set the network card to 192.168.1.15
    static and then was able to access the bridge.

    Michael Dobony, Dec 18, 2009