    Some informative links:
    http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/
    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    CBFalconer, Jun 1, 2005

  2. messenjah

    Impmon Guest

    So he'd be waiting for the aforementioned hard drive to show up as he
    said "...yet" I hope he has something to do to pass the long wait. =)

    Speaking of extinct or obsecure drive manufactors, whatever happened
    to Winchester? I have a huge hard drive sitting around gathering dust
    because I don't know how to hook it up or what its power requirement
    is. It's 50MB but weights like a typical sack of cement mix and
    probably has power requirement that would melt my house's fuse panel.

    Impmon, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Winchester was a name originally applied to some drives made by IBM,
    but became a generic term for a hard drive. The name somehow derives
    from the Winchester 30-30 rifle.

    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Jun 2, 2005
  4. The drive of that model number is a 10GB Fujitsu. One of the many
    Fuji companies makes aluminum disks to be used in hard drives, but
    there's no way of telling what's inside a given drive.

    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Jun 2, 2005
  5. messenjah

    Bob Guest

    30 MB capacity, 30 msec seek time.

    --

    Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
    http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you are reading it in English, thank an American soldier.

    Bob, Jun 2, 2005
  6. messenjah

    Rod Speed Guest

    Wrong.

    Rod Speed, Jun 2, 2005
  7. =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Jun 2, 2005
  8. messenjah

    PerfectReign Guest

    I wonder what kind of beer they drank while coming up with that.

    Hard drive beer?

    --
    kai - - www.perfectreign.com

    kai:/> format a:
    Error: The DOS concept of formatting disk media is screwed.
    To format a floppy, use "fdformat /dev/fd0"
    and then "mkfs.minix /dev/fd0".

    PerfectReign, Jun 2, 2005
  9. Well, we all know it's bad to drink and drive.

    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Jun 2, 2005
  10. messenjah

    Rod Speed Guest

    Rod Speed, Jun 2, 2005
  11. =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Jun 2, 2005
  12. So did SCSI drives before that and so did several drive series after
    the 75gxp.
    That's a load of bullshit.
    Nope, false again.

    [rest of bullshit snipped]