    are but I am asking about WEP.

    Thanks
    Jim

    Jim, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Jim

    mikeFNB Guest

    it matters really nowt,
    WEP 'can' be brocken, but it is a lot more difficult and probably worthless
    for someone to do it on a personnal account, little info to gain or gather.

    if you are asking about this from a security side, in the matter of
    preventing say connections etc because you systems details etc can be
    'overheard', why not just set the router to only listed mac's.

    mike

    mikeFNB, Nov 23, 2004

  3. Jim

    Niklas Guest

    from a cisco page...

    open is recommended

    Shared key
    "This setting tells the Access Point to send a plain-text, Shared Key query
    to any device attempting to associate with the Access Point. This query can
    leave the Access Point open to a known-text attack from intruders.
    Therefore, it is not as secure as the Open setting."

    regards
    Niklas

    Niklas, Nov 24, 2004
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks for the very helpful advise. I am now running WEP open

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 24, 2004
  5. Jim

    ufdragon

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    If AP set to be OPEN+WEP,the STA which use SHARE+WEP can access it?

    If AP set to be OPEN+WEP,the STA which use SHARE+WEP can access it?

    ufdragon, Mar 30, 2012