    I was getting a lot of no responding things days before this all happend and
    found 2 viruses but I don't think they were working..

    CPU Temp was OK at that time..

    Aspiringpsychopath, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Aspiringpsychopath

    David Preece Guest

    Well, if a rebuild is looking in order then maybe it's time to ditch 98.
    Even *I* ditched 98.
    Euuwww. Hold old's the motherboard - maybe something's buggered up
    there? Are all the cards seated properly? I've had some issues with this
    in the past too. Possibly you have something nasty in your swap file.
    Also, are you using a disk >137GB because there can be some driver
    issues although IIRC these were cleaned up for SP1.

    Other than that, I dunno.

    Dave

    David Preece, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Aspiringpsychopath

    Bok Guest

    Correct, but be aware that NTFS meta-data can become corrupted due to
    lost writes incurred by disk controller 'write back caching' if the
    controller firmware doesn't observe 'write through' requests (SCSI FUA).

    Bok, Jan 2, 2005

  6. Not every thing will run under XP.

    Yes Gigabyte i875 MoBo 1 year old, 420w Thermaltake PSU 1 year old.

    2 x 512megs PC3500 Kingmax DDR Rams.

    2 x 120g Seacrate hard drives.

    After running lots of things even PRIME95, I had to reboot to run a Floppy
    program, after that Scandisk came up with stacks or errors..???

    I am Running Active SMART and it list T.E.C. one drive life as Jan 2005 and
    the other March 2005, but I do not understand the SMART errors at all, I have
    done lots of searches in the past and just got utterly confused.

    SMART predictions only work after monitoring for some time I have read.

    The SMART bar graphs are ok and drives show as OK except for the T.E.C.
    date.

    Drives run nice and cool (30c) 120mm fan in front of them..

    Aspiringpsychopath, Jan 2, 2005
  8. Aspiringpsychopath

    Unknown Guest

    Just because one partition has to be FAT32 doesnt mean all of them do
    of course using other file systems will prevent win98 from being able to
    read the non FAT32 (or FAT16 ) partition

    Unknown, Jan 2, 2005