    When I boot my computer, welcome screen doesn't appear like it used to, how
    do I get it back?
    TIA

    alexandrew, Nov 22, 2003

  2. alexandrew

    Budweiser Guest

    come on--give us a clue
    what was it before
    what os are you using
    i will not point you to good post etc because i am lazy and top
    posting---and i do not use caps or punctuation either --just lazy (no
    offence slumpy)

    Budweiser, Nov 22, 2003

  3. alexandrew

    Boomer Guest

    "Re: %$&@ Welcome screen in XP"

    Boomer, Nov 22, 2003
  4. alexandrew

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, Nov 22, 2003
  5. alexandrew

    alexandrew Guest

    Thank you Patrick, the first URL was very useful for me.
    The reason I wanted welscreen was because I wanted to know If I am the
    administrator . So far I am the only administrator of this computer with
    another account with limited ability and a guest account which is off now.
    having said that, I can't edit my registry, when I want to do that , I get a
    massage indicating " regedit has been disabled by your administrator" so I
    can't edit it.
    If you know how to fix this so I could edit the registry, I would be much
    appreciated.
    TIA

    alexandrew, Nov 22, 2003
  6. alexandrew

    Patrick Guest

    I'm no expert as to the matter but, as far as I understand and can explain
    is,
    If you have created a named-administrative account then the original account
    will become hidden. Said hidden account can be accessed from 'Safe Mode'.

    Patrick, Nov 22, 2003
  7. alexandrew

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Patrick mused:

    | I'm no expert as to the matter but, as far as I understand and can explain
    | is, If you have created a named-administrative account then the original
    | account will become hidden. Said hidden account can be accessed from
    | 'Safe Mode'.

    I believe you are correct.

    mhicaoidh, Nov 22, 2003
  8. go to control panel, click user accounts and then pick a task.

    second hand rose, Nov 23, 2003
  9. go to control panel click user accounts and pick a task

    second hand rose, Nov 23, 2003