    order a welcome kit, but can't seem to find the link for it. Can anyone post
    the link so I can order it?

    Thanks,

    Mr. D, Jul 2, 2009

  2. Mr. D

    PAJ Guest

    I don't think they do them any more unless you send them a whole wodge
    of wonga!

    PAJ, Jul 2, 2009

  3. Mr. D

    PAJ Guest

    Oh yeah, the reason being MS are now green!

    PAJ, Jul 2, 2009
  4. Mr. D

    Chris M Guest

    I've no idea where PAJ got his information from, you don't have to pay
    for them (I just received my MCSE and MCTS welcome packs and didn't hand
    over a cent).

    You do have to order them though (they used to send them out
    automatically). I think the reason they did this was to save on postage
    costs and also to make sure that they have an up-to-date address for you.

    You need to log in to the MCP site (seems to be down at the moment though)

    https://mcp.microsoft.com/

    IIRC, there's a link on the left hand side that allows you to order your
    welcome packs.

    Chris M, Jul 3, 2009
  5. Mr. D

    John R Guest

    You must be very carefull how you wield the power of the chick magnet that
    is the MCSE lapel pin. The horror of the 1998 conference in Walla-Walla
    Wisconsin still burns the memory and haunts the dreams of many here.

    Some say that Microsoft is wholly responsible for even creating such a cruel
    device to begin with. But, it must be used with benevolence.

    You must keep the pin enclosed in black velvet until your initiation
    ceremony in the hall of the Mountain King.

    Be sure to bring the locusts.

    John R

    John R, Jul 3, 2009
  6. Mr. D

    PAJ Guest

    Microsoft. In an email a few weeks ago and from here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-program-membership.aspx

    Q. Are welcome kits still available for new MCPs?

    A.
    New members of the community are welcomed with a Microsoft Certification
    ID (or MCP ID)—the key to all of the benefits on the MCP member site.
    The Certificate Manager tool on the MCP member site allows you to
    create, download, print, and store your customized Certificate of
    Achievement as soon as your new certification appears on your
    transcript. The most up-to-date versions of the program agreement and
    contact sheet are also available online. To accommodate customer
    preferences and an environmentally conscious world, we no longer mail
    out welcome kits.

    PAJ, Jul 3, 2009
  7. Mr. D

    PAJ Guest

    In accordance with the Microsoft Environmental Initiative, Microsoft
    Learning's goals are to reduce the environmental impact of our
    operations and products and to be a leader in environmental
    responsibility. To reduce the company's carbon footprint, we are
    transitioning from traditional paper to digital Microsoft Certified
    Professional (MCP) certificates. Orders for MCP Certification Welcome
    Kits will discontinue on June 30, 2009. After that, if you require a
    paper certificate, you may order one beginning July 7, 2009, through the
    MCP member Web site. There will be a shipping and handling fee
    associated with your order.

    PAJ, Jul 3, 2009
  8. Mr. D

    PAJ Guest

    And here is a peek at the virtual business cards (VBC)(only good for
    virtual ice scraping):

    http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/2009/06/vbc-experience-site-for-mcps

    You just have to laugh.

    PAJ, Jul 3, 2009
  9. Mr. D

    Chris M Guest

    They no longer mail them out *automatically* upon gaining a new cert.
    They will if you request it on the MCP site, and it costs you nothing. I
    dunno where you got the idea that you have to pay for them.

    Chris M, Jul 3, 2009
  10. Mr. D

    Chris M Guest

    Never mind, just saw your latest post - my bad, I hadn't seen that one.
    I must be one of the last people to have received a welcome kit free of
    charge then, since I only received mine a few days back.

    End of an era..

    Chris M, Jul 3, 2009
  11. Mr. D

    PAJ Guest

    Appears you cannot even pay wallet card either. Just the cert.
    Really hope they can reverse this decision. probably not though!

    PAJ, Jul 3, 2009
  12. Mr. D

    request Guest

    respecte microsoft.

    i am anwar hussain i am passing in an microsoft exam mcsa
    but my welcome kit will not available . please send me my welcome kit.

    request, Jul 27, 2009
  13. Respecte microsoft.
    I am Anshuman i passed in an microsoft exam mcsa but my
    welcome kit is not available till now .
    So, sir please send me my welcome kit.

    With Regards
    Anshuman Kumar.

    Mobile-9771403397

    Anshuman Kumar, Aug 12, 2009
  14. Mr. D

    sankar Guest

    This is sankaravelmani. completed mcp last june 25 still i didnt receive
    welcome kit
    please send my welcome kit....

    sankar, Aug 25, 2009