Weirdest Problem Ive Ever Seen (Reboot Loop)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Strow, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Strow

    Strow Guest

    I dont know if this is a windows xp problem or not, but a friend of
    mine installed some antispyware he bought at astaples on his machine,
    when he started her, she keeps gettin the screen tp move into safe
    mode......besrt configuration...normal mode, and no matter what you
    slick she automatically restarts. He has Norton Goback on his computer
    and I tried that and it still wont work. SO i disabled the goback and
    autogoback so I dont even see it.

    I tried all three safe modes and they all stop at Mup.sys and then
    reboot.

    Also when i popped the cd in and tried to repair the installation it
    said there was no hard drive, but the bios picked it up at the
    beginning

    can somebody help me please

    Strow

    Strow, Jan 31, 2006

  2. First question is: what is the name of the product?

    You also might as well check here first:

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 31, 2006

  3. Strow

    Strow Guest

    thats the thing, i m not sure what the spyware is called. he is not
    either. This is not good!. I think though after a bit of tinkering it
    may just be his hard drive

    Strow, Jan 31, 2006
  4. Strow

    Au79 Guest

    Try booting the machine with one of the live CD's as listed below, then you
    will be able to determine if it's a hardware failure or not.

    http://www.knoppix.org/

    or

    http://www.ubuntu.com

    Au79, Jan 31, 2006
  5. Strow

    whosbest54 Guest

    Sounds like the hard drive is failing or some of the files have become
    corrupted on the drive.

    Slave the drive in another XP machine, boot up and run chkdsk (disk check
    under tools for the drive properties) and set it to fix all the errors.
    Then put it back and see if it boots. If the drive is failing it may
    have problems again.

    whosbest54

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/

    http://members.aol.com/whosbest54/rmb.html