    posts do more harm to Sigma than they do good. Sigma does not deserve the
    negative impact that these posts produce. As I have asked before, are these
    "clowns" double agents?

    Charles Schuler, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Charles Schuler

    bagal Guest

    probably

    i can't wait to see the x530 whatever with new foveon chip

    at some points i thought the opposing posters were monologuing

    das B

    bagal, Jun 25, 2004

  3. I like the Foveon chip because the basic concept is compelling. If only
    those darned photons would behave as Foveon would like them to! You know,
    the blue ones must dive deep but the red ones must tread water. Quantum
    physics is about probability and temperature and crystal fabrication
    variations and on and on. Foveon technology has fundamental problems;
    especially so with fabrication anomalies.

    Any discussions here (lately) about the important issues? Not too many that
    I have seen, seemingly as those with real scientific and/or engineering
    credentials are repelled by the BS that's often promulgated here.
    Seriously, this forum should remain more objective and open minded. Why
    can't we behave so that we all can benefit from interacting with each other?
    It's not like we are here to discuss abortion, or something else that
    fosters strong emotional behavior. It's supposed to be about digital
    photography!

    Serious issues are necessary but this is not the correct forum. We could,
    and should, just enjoy a common interest here that transcends zeal, egos,
    philosophy, religion, politics, and all the other inflammatory issues. Gosh
    Darn ... IT'S JUST PHOTOGRAPHY!

    Charles Schuler, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Charles Schuler

    bagal Guest

    it may not be a content issue?

    i wade through quite a lot of dross but when i discover decent info it tends
    to be very very good

    sorta makes it worthwhile

    das B

    bagal, Jun 26, 2004
  5. Not on the internet, it ain't!

    Brian C. Baird, Jun 26, 2004
  6. Me too.
    Me too, though I do not forsee the need to buy anything else from them
    unless they significantly clean up their act.

    Giorgio Preddio, Jun 26, 2004
  7. Charles Schuler

    bagal Guest

    Good points well made Charles - perhaps some posters have a pecuniary
    interest and must per se promote a brand with all the shortsightedness and
    lack of professional or aesthetic objectivity that financial interest or
    product placement has attached to it

    Ne'er mind - they tend to be so obvious it is easy to overlook and, from my
    poinyt of view I think if I was a decision taker at Canon a rug would be
    pulled quickly, very, very quickly

    An approach that seems immersed with delusions of "world dominiation" is
    comical but to be fair is in most newsgroups anywhere.

    Tsk - naughty photons. I bet when a sensor appears that solves the photon
    problem all it will do is unmask a wavelet problem or probably have
    irrdesecent light flowing over the top of the sensor heh heh

    Fingers crossed that the nest 2 or 3 stages in sensor evolution will do the
    trick. Say by 2006?

    das B

    bagal, Jun 26, 2004