    latest Nvidia driver. Tried re & re on the driver to no avail. Any
    suggestions would be appreciated.....THX
    Image by FlamingText.com

    Brad, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Brad

    Harrison Guest

    At a minimum, Dell gives a one year warranty.
    Make a call.

    Harrison, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Brad

    Ghostmaster Guest

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    : At a minimum, Dell gives a one year warranty.
    : Make a call.
    :
    <snip>

    : > I`m getting a distorted display on my Dell M782p flatscreen, I haven`t
    : >been able to straighten it out with the monitor controls. I`m running a
    : >Gforce MX420 graphics card (on a Dell system, less than a year old) with
    : >latest Nvidia driver. Tried re & re on the driver to no avail. Any
    : >suggestions would be appreciated.....THX
    : > Image by FlamingText.com
    : >
    :

    Got my Nvidia driver at the Nvidia website and had the same problem. Went
    to the Dell website and got their Nvidia driver, and problem solved.

    Ghostmaster, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Brad, Jan 11, 2004
  5. To help us along, what kind of distortion do you mean? What's it doing
    that's "weird".

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 11, 2004
  6. Brad

    Brad Guest

    For example, a window or a column of icons that should be straight is
    instead skewed to one side or the other, nearer the bottom of the screen. Or
    windows appear fatter in the middle, narrower at the top and bottom.
    Thought I had it licked with Ghostmaster`s suggestion, but I see now I have
    the same problem on TV out display. Now I`m thinking bad video card........

    Brad, Jan 12, 2004