Weird LCD Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by maz, Mar 1, 2005.

  1. maz

    maz Guest

    I have got a 18 inch LCD monitor I purchased about 2 years ago, which came
    with a 3 year warranty. Recently I noticed that at one part of the bottom
    edge of the screen, there is like a 'bow' or 'shallow arch' in the screen
    where the screen bows up about 3-4 pixels. The bow is about 2 inches long.
    The bow isn't in the pixels, but is something to do with the layer/s
    underneath the pixels. The bow totally disappears if I look at this area of
    the screen directly in front of the bow, but if I view the screen further
    away from the screen I can see the bow. I think that it could be something
    to do with the LCD screen delaminating along the bottom edge, and maybe the
    layers are peeling away from one another on the back layers of the screen.
    The monitor is in excellent condition and not had that much usage. I was
    wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem.I am sure I will get
    it repaired under warranty, but interested if anyone else has heard of this.
    maz, Mar 1, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.