    Windows ME, Outlook Express 5.5
    Any ideas please? (nothing too technical thanks).
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 19, 2004

  2. geopelia

    °Mike° Guest

    A link to the website might help.

    °Mike°, Jan 19, 2004

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    The website is http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf

    If it had been removed, there would be the usual "website is not available"
    page, but that isn't there. Just a blank where nothing appears. I left it
    for about five minutes, it should have arrived by then.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 19, 2004
  4. geopelia

    ICee Guest

    the .swf indicates it uses Macromedia Flash. You'll have to (re)install
    it.

    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

    Shorter link http://tinyurl.com/3tuy

    ICee, Jan 20, 2004
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you. I installed Macromedia Flash from the link, which was successful,
    but the game still won't arrive. It gets half way and sticks, though the X
    is still turning. It should surely get here within five minutes, shouldn't
    it?
    I've tried restarting the computer, no luck.

    Looks like the Minigolfer is stuck in a bunker! Tiger where are you?
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 20, 2004
  6. geopelia

    ICee Guest

    It's a 845 KB file. It will take a while to load if you're using a dial
    up connection.

    ICee, Jan 20, 2004
  7. Gary G. Taylor, Jan 20, 2004
  8. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    I just tried it, on dialup here, and it took about 3 minutes.
    Found it on my HDD and played off line. :)
    Got a 56.

    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  9. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    The 18th hole is a tough one, thats for sure.

    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  10. geopelia

    ICee Guest

    Thanks for that, Boomer. I wasn't sure how long it would take, since
    it's been over a year since I've used a dial up connection. He must
    have another problem then.

    ICee, Jan 20, 2004
  11. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    You're welcome. :)

    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  12. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I got stuck on the one with what looks like an S shaped sheet of tin. took
    47 just to get through that one, but got two holes in one.

    Thanks everybody. I'll try leaving it on a lot longer. I'm not sure what a
    "dial up connection" is. I connect to my ISP, xtra, then click outlook
    express, then find the website from an email.
    I also got Internet Explorer and tried the site from Favourites.
    I've also tried just typing in the website as for other internet sites.
    We have the one phone line, from Telecom in New Zealand, which works the
    phone and the computer.You can't use both at once.
    What is a puzzle is that it came through quite fast the first few times I
    used it, and now it doesn't appear in about 5 minutes.

    geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 20, 2004
  13. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    If you've played it then you have it on your hard drive now. :)

    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  14. geopelia

    °Mike° Guest

    Empty your internet cache. See my signature.

    °Mike°, Jan 20, 2004
  15. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thanks, that worked! It came through straight away. (I got 81, but I'm
    beginning to see what to do)
    I've printed out your "Basic computer maintenance" but some of it seems a
    bit advanced for me as yet. It's still mostly trial and error with me,
    mainly error!
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 20, 2004
  16. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Yes, it was there. Thanks

    geopelia, Jan 20, 2004
  17. geopelia

    Boomer Guest

    You're welcome. Glad you've got it now. :)

    Boomer, Jan 20, 2004
  18. geopelia

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.