Website displays older version from different computers.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 2812837, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. 2812837

    2812837 Guest

    Having a problem viewing this page: ( http://www.seattlecenter.org/ )
    from an office using WIN2K PRO on all computers.

    The page shows up as what appears to be the older version of the page
    because the recently updated page has 5 links whereas the older page
    has only 4.

    So viewed from the office computers we see 4 links. Using computers
    outside the office we see 5 links. The new link: Register for the
    Guiding Lights Weekend is the one not seen when page is viewed from
    office computers.

    All other internet access is fine on all computers.

    Checked Restricted sites list, deleted all cookies, Temp internet files

    and offline content.

    Tried ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns

    Rebooted

    Restarted DNS Client service

    Used FireFox same result.

    Called ISP they say not their problem; check firewall. Only firewall is

    on BEFSR41 Linksys Router.

    Using IP address (209.102.31.90) DOES get the updated page at the
    office computers; I just tried that so I guess the problem is partially
    solved...

    What else could I try?

    2812837, Dec 8, 2005

  2. 2812837

    Unk Guest

    Delete all cookies, Temp Internet files, and offline content on the office server.

    Unk, Dec 8, 2005

  3. 2812837

    2812837 Guest

    Did all that

    2812837, Dec 8, 2005
  4. 2812837

    Noel Paton Guest

    Check your proxy server

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's>

    Noel Paton, Dec 8, 2005
  5. 2812837

    2812837 Guest

    I don't think there is a proxy server. How do I know if we are using a
    proxy server?

    2812837, Dec 8, 2005
  6. 2812837

    Noel Paton Guest

    It may either be in the individual IE Settings (Internet
    Properties|Connections|LAN Settings) - or on the Server.
    Note that you need to compare the workstation settings with one that
    actually works properly, as the proxy may be the correct configuration (are
    these two separate LANS on different servers, or what?)

    Noel Paton, Dec 8, 2005
  7. 2812837

    Trax Guest

    |>Having a problem viewing this page: ( http://www.seattlecenter.org/ )
    |>from an office using WIN2K PRO on all computers.
    |>

    |>The page shows up as what appears to be the older version of the page
    |>because the recently updated page has 5 links whereas the older page
    |>has only 4.
    |>

    |>So viewed from the office computers we see 4 links. Using computers
    |>outside the office we see 5 links. The new link: Register for the
    |>Guiding Lights Weekend is the one not seen when page is viewed from
    |>office computers.
    |>

    |>All other internet access is fine on all computers.

    You could run Tcpview
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html set the refresh to
    5 seconds, click on the link (or refresh) and see where it's getting
    the page from (remote address).

    Trax, Dec 9, 2005