    Mike McCloud Guest

    I am thinking aboy registering a domain and starting a web site. Any
    suggestions for a web host?

    Mike McCloud, Jun 4, 2004

  2. GoDaddy.com

    Ty

    Tyrone Jackson, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Mike McCloud

    michael Guest

    affordablehost.com all the way....they even have a free option. tell them
    vision2sight sent you.

    michael, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Mike McCloud

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Mike McCloud

    Alan Terry Guest

    34sp.com get a lot of positive comments and I use them for several
    sites.

    I now have a reseller account with them which has the possibility of 15
    domain names - the ones I have at the moment don't need all the space
    they are allocated which means I can host a few large sites within my
    package - very flexible.

    Alan Terry, Jun 4, 2004
  6. Look at www.ipowerweb.com , they have lots of extras included in their
    packages at cheap prices.

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Babbling Brook Photography

    Babbling Brook Photography, Jun 4, 2004
  7. Mike McCloud

    Hal Guest

    I use these folks: IX Webhosting

    Great prices and unbelievably great tech support! I think they currently
    have sites starting at $4.95 USD.

    BTW, they're my webhosting company and I'm extremely well pleased with them.
    Moved over from Yahoo and haven't regretted the move for a minute.

    Regards,

    Hal Lowe
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/send_email_new.html
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com
    http://wc.halowe-graphics.com

    Hal, Jun 4, 2004
  8. Mike McCloud

    Hal Guest

  9. Mike McCloud

    Hal Guest

  10. Mike McCloud

    Hal Guest

  11. 1. Register with godaddy.com
    2. Do your web hosting at phpwebhosting.com (no preset transfer limit or
    preset storage limit)

    Steven M. Scharf, Jun 4, 2004
  12. Mike McCloud

    Lisa Horton Guest

    My only suggestion is to avoid register.com like the plague for
    registering your domain name. I'm (relatively) happy with Yahoo domain
    registration.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Jun 4, 2004
  13. Mike McCloud

    Crownfield Guest

    http://godaddy.com is cheap, fast, and well organized.

    I moved there about 2 years ago,
    and have 15 domains registered with them.

    Crownfield, Jun 4, 2004
  14. Have a look at:
    http://www.patcroteau.net/promo/

    The Black Sheep, Jun 5, 2004
  15. Mike McCloud

    Anita Guest

    I recently switched from Yahoo! webhosting to IX Webhosting because
    Yahoo! was limiting my email attachment size. While I like having
    anonymous FTP with IX Webhosting and it's easy to talk to tech
    support, their claim of 99% uptime is ridiculous! In the month that I
    have had them for a hosting service, my website and/or email have been
    down for hours at least once a week. I'm so frustrated by it, that I
    will probably switch back to Yahoo! or another well-known service. I
    don't trust another virtually unknown provider.

    Anita, Jun 24, 2004
  16. Mike McCloud

    Hal Guest

    Hi Anita,

    Thanks, I was just about to update this post myself.

    I've had exactly the same experiences that you described. I've already
    switched to 1&1 Webhosting and haven't had any problems whatsoever. In
    fact, they've been outstanding. The tools and layout of their control
    panel are a bit different, but they're options are much better. That is, I
    can now have three domains and up to fifty subdomains. Since my principal
    domains are still registered with Network Solutions, they don't even count
    towards the three. They're considered external domains. Here's a link if
    you're interested in checking them out:

    http://1and1.com/?k_id=7391019

    Thanks again!

    Hal Lowe
    http://hals.vstoremarket.com (HaloweGraphics SuperStore)
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (free original MP3 background
    audios)
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (free original video textures)

    Hal, Jun 24, 2004
  17. Well! My suggestion is that for registering a domain and also web hosting then Hostoople is the best website for this purpose. I tried it, Good services, support team available any time and most important thing that its rate is very cheap. I would like share this website that is http://www.hostoople..com/. you must try it.

    stellatyler74, May 19, 2014
  18. Mike McCloud

    Guest Guest

    yet another stupid spammer.

    his post is 10 years old and he no doubt has registered it already.

    Guest, May 19, 2014