    Stupid question - maybe...but thought I would check before I go and fork out
    for a new one!

    Worm

    Worm, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Worm

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Worm said the following on 9/07/2004 14:04:
    If it has a twain driver you can use it as a standard web still camera, if you
    want streaming as in video chat then it needs WDM drivers for video.

    What type of web cam activity do you want to do?

    Collector_NZ, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Worm

    Worm Guest

    Was just wanting something to use within MSN Messenger etc, so streaming
    content.

    Worm

    Worm, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Worm

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Worm said the following on 9/07/2004 15:19:
    Then you probably need to go get yourself a DSE Logitech/Genuis/other el cheapo
    webcam. Just bear in mind that the more you pay the better you will find the
    results.

    Collector_NZ, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Worm

    Ripping Silk Guest

    or an elcheapo video capture card that the camera will plug into..

    Ripping Silk, Jul 9, 2004
  6. Worm

    colinco Guest

    Does your 2100 have a power save function that will cut you off after x
    minutes?

    colinco, Jul 9, 2004
  7. USB Streaming is needed or else a video capture card that can do this
    function.

    Patrick Dunford, Jul 9, 2004
  8. Worm

    Worm Guest

    yeah, but I can put it off for 30 minutes...why that?

    Worm

    Worm, Jul 9, 2004
  9. Worm

    Fishb8 Guest

    Some Fuji cameras will do this, via USB. I have a Finepix 2650 that does it.
    Roy

    Fishb8, Jul 9, 2004
  10. Worm

    colinco Guest

    Well that may be how long you can use it as a web cam :)

    colinco, Jul 9, 2004
  11. Worm

    Worm Guest

    Well I'd have to get that far first...and right now, I'm thinking its not
    really possible :)

    worm

    Worm, Jul 10, 2004