    budfarrar Guest

    Since I installed FF 1.5 I cannot view a live webcam .I can view the
    image using IE 6.0 or AOL. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

    budfarrar, Jan 10, 2006

  2. budfarrar

    Arne Guest

    Very strange to hear this! For me looking at live Webcam is a interest
    and feel it's better using Mozilla since it works with no need for
    ActiveX as IE need for most of them. But I don't look at webcam's
    depending on visitors having Java installed. I do have Java on my
    computer but I hate Java applications on websites, so I have it turned
    off! :)

    Do you have any URL's to webcam's that don't work for you with FF? Also,
    check this and see if it works:

    http://hem.bredband.net/arnel/webcam.html

    Arne, Jan 10, 2006

  3. budfarrar

    budfarrar Guest

    thank you for the reply, try this website: www.glmi.org/webcam try
    during daylight hours US eastern standard time.

    budfarrar, Jan 11, 2006
  4. budfarrar

    Arne Guest

    That site use a Java Applet Cam and I was able to see the image when I
    turned my Java on in Mozilla. Sorry, I can't help much since I don't use
    Firefox, but could it be that you are missing some Java Plug-In dll
    files? I have a lot of those:

    File name: NPJava11.dll
    File name: NPJava12.dll
    File name: NPJava13.dll
    File name: NPJava32.dll
    File name: NPJPI140_01.dll
    File name: NPOJI610.dll

    Arne, Jan 11, 2006
  5. budfarrar

    gwtc Guest

    You're missing one: NPJava14.dll. And if you're using the current
    version of java then the other file would be NPJPI150_06.dll

    gwtc, Jan 11, 2006
  6. budfarrar

    Bob Guest

    I have FF ver.1.5 and have no problem viewing the web cam at the above site.
    I'm looking at: Live Detroit River Cam, live.

    Bob, Jan 11, 2006
  7. budfarrar

    support Guest

    You can try CamGuard Security System.

    You can download it from http://www.zzzsoft.com/en/download.asp

    It turns your PC with WebCam, wireless camera into an advanced
    Video Security and Surveillance System.

    By WEB BROWSER,Remote View Client and Mobile telephone(wap),You can
    effortlessly monitor your home, office, parking area or any other
    premises. It supports multiple network modes,include LAN, and can
    penetrate NAT. It embeds DDNS system.

    With this software you can record video with a programmed schedule. It
    uses MPEG-4 compress format.The video record size is about only
    120~250M/Hour.

    This software provides customizable Alerts like Video Recording, Photo
    Snaps, Sound Alarms, E-mail and phone Notifications. You can configure
    Alerts to run on Motion detection. Multiple Alerts can be selected to
    run simultaneously. The Quick Settings section for every Alert makes it

    very easy to customize Alerts. You can also schedule Monitoring
    sessions.

    support, Jan 24, 2006