    Can anyone recommend a webcam for a Windows PC mainly for Skype.

    Does the amount of internet bandwidth that gets used depend on the
    webcam? How much data would get used for a 5 minute conversation?

    Guest, Feb 1, 2014

  2. Guest

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Anything will do if it new, at a store, in 2014. Web cams have been around
    for ages. Some have microphones built in that can conflict, but if you
    don't have a headset, then this is an advantage because now you have a
    microphone when before you did not.
    YES!

    How much data would get used for a 5 minute conversation?HEAPS if you get a 1080 HD unit and have lots of upload speed. You can
    reduce the quality of most cams, but what happens is you like the clear
    picture and just use heaps of bandwidth anyways. Your internet upload
    speed is a factor. The other end sending to you is another. Add them
    together and you get your consumed bandwidth. In NZ on telstraclear for an
    hour I used 10 Gigabytes one year. I am sure you can easily go higher with
    better quality cameras at higher resolutions and frame rates. You are
    making movies... And uploading them. Do you download movies? Double it
    because it a two way conversation.

    Dave Taylor, Feb 5, 2014

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest