    version of Media Player. I am puzzled as all of those items work OK on my
    second HD which has the same adwaware and spyware loaded. Any suggestions?
    Andrew.

    Andrew, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Andrew

    Jerry G. Guest

    Some sites require to have cookies and ActiveX allowed in order to be
    opened. Check your security settings in your browser. They may be set too
    high, or not properly set.

    If you are running a software firewall, make sure that it is not set up to
    be too aggressive, and block the ports that these sites require. If this is
    the case, you will have to consult the documentation for your firewall
    software, and or contact them for assistance.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    I am having problems with web site pages that do not open and wonder whether
    it is an Adware or Spyware program that is stopping them. For example if I
    go to a web site where the subsequent pages need Macromedia Flash they do
    not open although I have Flash MX 2004 on my machine. For example if I I go
    the British Airways site and click on their special offers that page does
    not open. If I go to listen to sports commentaries on William Hill Radio the
    page opens momentarily and closes again even although I have the latest

    Jerry G., Mar 9, 2005

  3. Andrew

    °Mike° Guest

    What browser are you using?

    °Mike°, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I am using IE6 with WindowsXP Pro SP2.
    Andrew

    Andrew, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Andrew

    °Mike° Guest

    Set your security settings to default, and make sure that
    you haven't got any software (firewall?) that prevents
    Flash from running.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Mar 9, 2005
  6. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Did that without success, in fact the situation has worsened. I use a stock
    market program that I update the days data and inter day data by logging on
    to the companies file server, that now no longer works as I now get a time
    out message when trying to download the files. I had exactly the same
    problems at the end of the year and eventually did a clean install to get
    things back to normal. I don't want to go through that again.
    Andrew.

    Andrew, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Andrew

    Keme Guest

    Sounds to me like some kind of hijack, and either the sites you try to
    reach block traffic from the hijacking site or the hijacker is too slow
    for your timeout settings.

    Silly question: Have you updated your anti spyware tools?
    Last update for Spybot s&d 1.3: 16.feb. 2005. Do not use Spybot s&d 1.2!
    Last update for AdAware SE: 9. mar. 2005. Do not use AdAware 6!

    The reason for the "do not use" warnings: The programs work like they
    used to, but are not updated. You risk being fooled into thinking that
    you are safe. If either of your installations use the older versions,
    download the last version immediately.

    You could check the networking status for your computer for a further
    diagnosis:
    - Try opening a command window and type the command "netstat -b". That
    will show all open network connections, with the name of the program
    using each connection. Do you see any unfamiliar program names?
    - Next command: "route print". That will show predefined routes for
    network traffic. The "Gateway" column is the easiest to check. Wh most
    network setups, all entries should have a gateway address of either
    127.0.0.1, default gateway (given at the bottom of the routing table) or
    the address of your computer (which you get with the command "ipconfig").
    Any other gateways, or unknown programs accessing the network, could be
    the culprit. If you are on a corporate network, contact your IT support
    staff (they may have set up routing and networking tools on your
    computer). If you are on your own network and updated versions of
    adaware/spybotS&D do not fix the problem, contact
    lavasoftusa.com/kolla.de, respectively. You may be victim to a new
    threat that they would like to know about. Be sure to download the
    latest updates first, though. :cool:

    Keme, Mar 10, 2005
  8. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I am using Spybot S&D 1.3 16th Feb and Ad-Aware SE Pro
    My PC is not on a network. Typing netstat -b opens a screen with one item on
    it that flashes up to quickly to be read.
    Andrew

    Andrew, Mar 10, 2005
  9. Andrew

    °Mike° Guest

    Install HijackThis and post the contents of your saved
    log here.

    HijackThis
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip
    http://209.133.47.12/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe
    http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
    http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Mar 10, 2005
  10. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    For your expert opinions. Drive C is Windows and other MS programs other
    programs are on Drive E
    Thank you
    Andrew.

    Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 22:45:25, on 10/03/2005
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

    Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    E:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\MediaKey\MMKeybd.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\MediaKey\KPDrv4XP.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
    C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
    E:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
    E:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Watch.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\VideoMate\ComproScheduler.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\VideoMate\ComproRemote.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
    D:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
    F:\Downloads New\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
    http://home.bt.yahoo.com/
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
    http://home.bt.yahoo.com/
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} -
    C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} -
    E:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} -
    E:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper -
    {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - E:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP
    Pro\wsbho2k0.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} -
    c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} -
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} -
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} -
    C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_7_0.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program
    files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program
    Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
    Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor]
    C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MediaKey] C:\PROGRA~1\MediaKey\MMKeybd.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBKBDrv] C:\PROGRA~1\MediaKey\KPDrv4XP.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINDVDPatch] CTHELPER.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] "C:\Program
    Files\Creative\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTStartup] C:\Program Files\Creative\Splash
    Screen\CTEaxSpl.EXE /run
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program
    Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] E:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AWMON] "E:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE
    Professional\Ad-Watch.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CloneCDElbyCDFL] "E:\Program Files\Elaborate
    Bytes\CloneCD\ElbyCheck.exe" /L ElbyCDFL
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CloneCDTray] "E:\Program Files\Elaborate
    Bytes\CloneCD\CloneCDTray.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"
    /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NBJ] "E:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\NBJ.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy
    Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: TweakYC.lnk = E:\Program Files\VideoMate\ComproPVR
    2\TweakYC.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: ComproScheduler.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\VideoMate\ComproScheduler.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: ComproRemote.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\VideoMate\ComproRemote.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = E:\Program
    Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk = D:\Program
    Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program
    files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program
    files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program
    files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program
    files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program
    files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} -
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger -
    {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program
    Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {C606BA60-AB76-48B6-96A7-2C4D5C386F70} (PreQualifier Class) -
    file://C:\Documents and Settings\************\Local
    Settings\Temp\ckz.tmp7db073\motive\files\MotivePreQual.cab
    O17 -
    HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F2BBC6BB-8830-4910-B830-FA6707BCB2B5}:
    NameServer = 194.74.65.85 194.72.9.44
    O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: C-DillaCdaC11BA - C-Dilla Ltd -
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation -
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec
    Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation -
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd -
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - E:\Program
    Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
    O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec
    Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) -
    Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec
    Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton
    Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
    O23 - Service: Sandra Data Service (SandraDataSrv) - SiSoftware - E:\Program
    Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Professional 2005\RpcDataSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: Sandra Service (SandraTheSrv) - SiSoftware - E:\Program
    Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Professional 2005\RpcSandraSrv.exe
    O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton
    AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation -
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec
    Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation -
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation -
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

    Andrew, Mar 10, 2005
  11. Andrew

    °Mike° Guest

    Ok, the good news is there is no malware/hijacking in your
    HJT log, that I can see. The bad news is that you now have
    to try and troubleshoot where the problem lies. I would
    start by repairing IE.

    How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook
    Express in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Mar 12, 2005
  12. Real meaning: "I pasted your entire log into the hijackthis logfile analyser
    webpage but I'll pretend I read and analysed it all myself manually and hope
    nobody will notice."

    Doug Cardwell, Mar 12, 2005
  13. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    If I reinstall IE6 do I need to save my Favourites folder first?. History is
    not a problem as I had deleted that recently.
    Andrew

    Andrew, Mar 12, 2005
  14. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Also the MS web site only has a download for IE6 SP1.
    Andrew.

    Andrew, Mar 12, 2005
  15. Andrew

    Brian Guest

    Newsbeitrag
    agreed. no one in their right mind would read all that drivel witout being
    paid for.

    Brian, Mar 12, 2005
  16. Andrew

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:31:48 +0000 (UTC), in
    <d0uugk$egj$>
    Andrew scrawled:

    You shouldn't need to for a repair, but back it up, just in case.

    °Mike°, Mar 14, 2005
  17. Andrew

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Mar 14, 2005
  18. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I did the registry modification but when trying to install IE6 got the
    message that it could not be installed as I had a later version on file
    already.
    Andrew

    Andrew, Mar 15, 2005
  19. Andrew