    ect from a web page it prints too large. Can someone go thru the
    specific steps I need to take to adjust the size of the printout?
    Thanks, Mac

    mac, Jun 29, 2006

  2. To see if it is browser- or printer-specific, try the same exact page in
    another browser. You have Internet Explorer. Opera is also a small
    download, and a very nice state-of-the-art browser.
    http://opera.com/

    If the problem is Netscape, look into the Preferences for overly large
    default or minimum font sizes set there. If it prints the same from
    multiple browsers, you have a printer issue, and since you didn't
    mention what printer, there can be no advice.

    Netscape 7.2 is getting long in the tooth. I'd recommend you update it
    to the latest Mozilla suite version, SeaMonkey.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 29, 2006

  3. mac

    mac Guest

    I am using a cheap Lexmark Z515 and never have seen a way to change the
    print size on this printer. Anyway, I was thinking that you could go
    thru the control panel, select settings, and adjust the size of display
    and or print out that way. I don't think there is anything wrong with
    any of the hardware or software. I just don't know the details of
    adjusting everything. I suspect someone increased the size for some
    reason. Thanks

    mac, Jun 30, 2006
  4. mac

    why? Guest

    NS 7.2 may be ignoring formatting, the URL for the page would happen to
    be?

    It's harder to look without a URL , although it may also be the printer
    driver.
    Opera, Print Options / Scale print to x%

    Me

    why?, Jun 30, 2006
  5. mac

    mac Guest

    It's all web pages, I think someone enlarged the fonts or whatever, but
    I found one way to reduce the size and save on ink and paper. I can
    select "print preview" by clicking on file in the browser, then clicking
    on "scale" and reducing the size as much as need. Seems like there
    should be a way to adjust size by going to settings, control panel,, ,
    then display, ect. mac

    mac, Jul 1, 2006
  6. mac

    why? Guest

    Fair enough.

    Going with the last bit first -

    If it's the screen fonts , icon sizes on every windows / app, try -
    Control Panel / Display / Appearance /
    and several options -
    Font Size
    and/or
    Advanced, this lets you set the sizes of text , well you will see the
    list of choices in the Item box.

    Some webgpages do print badly for quite a few reasons. Others prining
    isn't even a thought of the designer.

    Netscape -
    View / Text Zoom
    Edit / Preferences / Appearance / Fonts