Web Page Images Are Very Poor!

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by merlin773, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. merlin773

    merlin773

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all,

    I hope someone can help.

    So..... some back ground information.

    My monitor is a ViewSonic VG2021m (brand new LCD). it doenst have a dvi port and my computer knowledge is limited.

    My graphics card, also brand new is a GeForce FX5500 256Mb.

    Screen resolution/NVIDIA is 1400 x 1050 pixels AND I've treid the clear type program from Microsoft.......

    ...... the problem.......... web page imgaes are rubbish. Every page I look at either using Explorer or Firefox gives me images that are loaded properley. They look like cheap poor quality gifs. Fuzzy, bitty, pixelated and the only way I can get these images to look good is to Shift +R on each image.

    Has ANYONE got ANY ideas on what I can do.

    Oh.... I'm currently running dial up modem as Broadband hasnt been switched on yet and yes I'm running 32bit colour.

    [email protected] (MSN)

    Mike.

    merlin773, Sep 11, 2006

  2. merlin773

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    0
    Its most likely a seting that is auto selected by your browsers that see you are runing on a dial-up modem. Because you are runing on a slower connection it loads the images at the lowest quality for faster surfing speeds. Check your internet browsing options for anything like this and try turning it off, It should make the images load as they should but your load times will of course become greater.

    Gez, Sep 11, 2006

  3. merlin773

    merlin773

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I've had a look, but can't see any such settings. Broadband is due on (after a 2 months wait) in the next few days. Any other ideas?

    merlin773, Sep 11, 2006