    Hopefully it is pretty simple to fix this annoying problem. Any assistance
    greatly received.

    TIA,

    Harry the Horse, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Harry the Horse

    sleeper Guest

    Harry the Horse wrote:
    :: I went onto a web page last night and it has altered my home page in
    :: IE. I went into tools/internet options to change it back but when I
    :: restarted IE the home page had been changed back into the other web
    :: site. I am using an uptodate mcafee virus scanner so I did a full
    :: scan of the hard disk but no infection showed up.
    ::
    :: Hopefully it is pretty simple to fix this annoying problem. Any
    :: assistance greatly received.
    ::
    :: TIA,
    :: --
    :: HtH

    Try Ad-aware 6.0. Sounds like you may have spyware installed.

    sleeper, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Harry the Horse

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Harry the Horse

    sethra Guest

    Follow the anti-spyware suggestions in this thread, and to prevent it
    from happening again, either surf with javascript/activeX OFF and put
    sites that you *trust* and require javascript in your trusted zone with
    custom settings, or run a local proxy like The Proxomitron or Privoxy to
    filter the garbage out.

    sethra, Jul 11, 2003