Web Page Counter

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, May 16, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I have a few web sites and I wonder if the same counter could be used
    for all different web sites?

    The text for web counter is:-

    <!-- Begin Nedstat Basic code -->
    <!-- Title: First Basic Principles of Sikhism -->
    <!-- URL: http://www.nijjhar.freeserve.co.uk/sikhism.htm -->
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
    src="http://m1.nedstatbasic.net/basic.js">
    </script>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" >
    <!--
    nedstatbasic("AC2hagPt9q3xqX1Xmkx77SjnzBOA", 0);
    // -->
    </script>
    <noscript>
    <a target="_blank"
    href="http://www.nedstatbasic.net/stats?AC2hagPt9q3xqX1Xmkx77SjnzBOA"><i
    mg
    src="http://m1.nedstatbasic.net/n?id=AC2hagPt9q3xqX1Xmkx77SjnzBOA"
    border="0" width="18" height="18"
    alt="Nedstat Basic - Free web site statistics
    Personal homepage website counter"></a><br>
    <a target="_blank" href="http://www.nedstatbasic.net/">Free counter</a>
    </noscript>
    <!-- End Nedstat Basic code -->

    and it is different for the different web sites. Or I would have to put
    all the web counters on the common web page.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, May 16, 2004

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Hywel Guest

    If you used the same code for all sites none of them would show the true
    number of visitors to that site. What is the web counter for - to show
    how many *or* how few visitors you've had? What if the same visitor
    visits the same page 200 times in a session?

    Hywel, May 16, 2004

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Plato Guest

    I did see a few free ones that account for that eg you set up with like
    a 5 minute thing where the same IP cant trip the counter more than once
    in that time. At least that will get you closer to unique visitors as
    oppossed to page views/hits.

    Most of the free ones undercount anyway generally from 10% to 25% under
    the real number of page views.

    Plato, May 16, 2004
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Hywel Guest

    No, simply ignoring an IP for a period of time won't at all,
    particularly as many users from the same ISP may appear to connect using
    the same IP.

    Hywel, May 16, 2004
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Plato Guest

    Darnit, yep forgot about that eg like in an office where maybe 200 folks
    are folks report the same IP to the counter right? So if you got the
    timer on than it wouldnt count any of them during that period right? On
    the other hand how many times are 200 people in the same office on the
    same webpage at the same time?

    Plato, May 17, 2004
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Hywel Guest

    That depends on the web site. If it's pertinent to their jobs, it could
    happen. However, what about the 3,000,000 Wanadoo users in the UK that
    all present one from a range of a couple of hundred IP addresses?

    Hywel, May 17, 2004