    appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Ken

    bambam, Jul 7, 2009

  2. pinched out a steaming pile
    Iem xpoasting this to A2600 since they might know more better programs
    and junk such like and so forth.

    ^_^

    HTH

    /___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \[email protected]_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 7, 2009

  3. bambam

    why? Guest

    Some work to do the headings (Home/Guest book) are broken in MSIE6 and
    SeaMonkey 1.1.17. The gaps aren't nice over the choosen background and
    shelter care is on a new line.

    In SM, the text is on a white box with a border, in IE the text is on a
    green background. Basics like that should be the same on all browsers.

    Allowing HTML in posts may look nice, but the text font changes face and
    colors make it harder to read, especially in IE.
    That's more likely because it's a partly a CMS / forum tool as well.
    It's not just an HTML editor you need.
    You will have to hunt around for another webpage/cms/forum tool if you
    need multiple user input. You can't rely on people providing the data in
    any consistent format for use in a script to create listings.
    From what I recall the past posts in 24HSHD
    for html editors will give you names of lots of editors, links to style
    guides and tutorials.

    I don't recall any 3 way apps like subdreamer.

    Try something like,
    http://www.google.com/search?q=html+forum+cms

    Better yet, before that. Look at subdreamer, make a list of required
    features, issues. This way you have something to use as a reference
    looking through what's available.

    This is possibly something I would never use (a CMS),
    http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/ but you may need a web hosting server,
    usually with PHP / database backend sort of thing.

    http://www.cushycms.com/?gclid=CK7vuo2UxJsCFYYU4wodGluuDg
    Allow clients to safely edit content
    No software to install, no programming required

    Me

    why?, Jul 7, 2009
  4. Citing §ñühw¤£f (on 07/07/2009 15:41):

    check this out:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_HTML_editors

    ~-~-~~- Phrase of the day -~~-~-~
    294. How much deeper would oceans be if sponges didn't live there?
    ~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~
    with Thunderbird + Tagzilla
    ~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~

    Bill_The_Butcher, Jul 8, 2009
  5. bambam

    Aardvark Guest

    And that has what to do with the OP?

    Aardvark, Jul 8, 2009
  6. bambam

    Robert James Guest

    Generally any "what you see/what you get" HTML editor can do a great job.
    Personally I prefer KompoZer which is open source and an update to
    Linsipre's Nvu. Itself a fork of Netscape Composer, which I used widely in
    the late 90's. If you have a Mac I recommend Rapidweaver, although it's on
    the pricey side, and you must pay for new templates. Thousands of great,
    free templates are available - and most can be edited in the Composer forks
    I mentioned, no HTML coding or CSS knowledge needed. For most work I do, I
    am required to use Adobe's Creative Suite, which I find a pain growing up
    with Netscape, and a simple text editor for HTML writing.

    --
    http://www.robertjames.50webs.com

    This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for
    the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
    this e-mail from your system.

    Robert James, Jul 9, 2009
  7. bambam

    Robert James Guest

    individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
    distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
    if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
    system.

    And yes, alt.2600 know their junk, just keep out of the daily flame wars...
    ;). I never subscribed to 24hr helpdesk.

    Robert James, Jul 9, 2009
  8. Citing Aardvark (on 08/07/2009 18:12):
    nothing.

    answer was above.

    ~-~-~~- Phrase of the day -~~-~-~
    345. If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.
    ~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~
    with Thunderbird + Tagzilla
    ~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~

    Bill_The_Butcher, Jul 9, 2009
  9. bambam

    Aardvark Guest

    So why did you add it to the content of your post? Do you suffer from some
    form of Tourette's Syndrome which causes you to post non sequiturs?
    I'm glad you said that, I might have missed it.
    And what has *that* got to do with the thread and how does it further any
    point you have to make in this branch of it?

    If you consider it your 'signature' rather than part of what you're
    posting then it should be separated from the rest of your post with a
    correctly formatted signature delimiter: 'hyphen, hyphen, space, hard
    return'.

    See <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/06/
    signature_blocks_and_netiquett.html> for your education and edification.

    If that link breaks over two lines, you may have to copy and paste
    everything between the carets into the address bar of the browser of your
    choice.

    FYI. HTH. HAND.

    Aardvark, Jul 9, 2009
  10. Did yer mamma drop you on yer hed witch cauzed ya to
    talk all in Latin like a demon from Hell on Satan's mission?

    Get thee hence! She-babba-labba-gabba-labba-trezonamallla-boo-boo

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*, that's NOT a snake in my pocket; I'm
    NOT particularly happy to see you; and, I'm NOT the Octomom's baby-daddy!

    "Stupid is as 'Lookout' does." --Forrest Gump's Mamma

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 9, 2009
  11. Citing Aardvark (on 09/07/2009 15:51):
    Thank you my friend, I appreciate very much. Especially the link
    copy-paste procedure (I clicked twice and it didn't open, luckily you
    explained).

    BTW, why didn't you send me an email? What had *that* to do with OP?

    ~-~-~~- Phrase of the day -~~-~-~
    709. When something is "new and improved!". Which is it? If it's new,
    then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement,
    then there must have been something before it.
    ~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~
    with Thunderbird + Tagzilla
    ~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~

    Bill_The_Butcher, Jul 9, 2009
  12. bambam

    Aardvark Guest

    I wouldn't have posted the link had I not pegged you for a noob.
    Did you read the page? Judging from the contents at bottom of your post
    you didn't. Or if you did, it didn't sink in.
    Why the hell would I send an email in reply to a usenet post?
    Nothing. It had everything to do with the branch of this thread which I
    began concerning your ignorance of the correct usage of signature files in
    usenet posts.
    Totally disconnected with that which you and I have discussed. It is part
    of your post. It can't be a signature file as it isn't separated from the
    content of your post by a correctly formatted signature delimiter.

    Did you read *any* of that page to which I posted a link?

    Aardvark, Jul 9, 2009
  13. bambam

    Aardvark Guest

    Hey, young fella! I like the cut of your nicely formatted sig delimiter.
    The amount you place below that is another matter, and OMH is beyond help.

    :)

    Aardvark, Jul 10, 2009
  14. Citing Robert James (on 10/07/2009 01:31):

    Let me tell you something my friend, you's really funny :)

    Bill_The_Butcher, Jul 10, 2009
  15. bambam

    Robert James Guest

    Cheers mate, and I figured I was just being annoying ;-)

    Robert James, Jul 11, 2009
  16. bambam

    PerfectReign Guest

    PerfectReign, Jul 11, 2009
  17. Bill_The_Butcher, Jul 14, 2009
  18. bambam

    Robert James Guest

    And wile text editors are great for creating simple, old fashion, WC3
    compliant sites, it would take a true gunnies / madman to create anything
    Web 2.0 style. Although I am sure someone out there is STILL making
    beautiful artwork with just Emacs or Vim. Like I said, I use a wide variety
    of tools, KompoZer/NVU (Netscape Composer), RapidWeaver, Pixelmator, and of
    course Adobe Dreamwaver, Flash, Photoshop & Contribute.

    Robert James, Jul 14, 2009
  19. bambam

    -=Biscuit=- Guest

    Robert James <> delighted us to no end by
    taking a lime green crayon and scribbling in
    on the hallowed day
    of Tue 14 Jul 2009 09:27:21a:
    Aptana :)

    -=Biscuit=-, Jul 15, 2009