    likes of Frontpage, dreamweaver, cold fusion etc. But can anyone recommend a
    package for a beginner - new to web development but not I.T.

    Cheers, Steve.

    SteveC, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Hi Steve,

    I've been doing web pages and web sites for years, and I really recommend
    learning basic HTML first. As in, "how to create a web page by using
    Notepad". (My favorite book for that is "Sams Teach Yourself Web Publishing
    in 21 Days" by Laura Lemay.) It's really fun! Then, when you have those
    basics learned, you can play with different applications to see what you
    like and for the added bells-and-whistles. But tweaking and troubleshooting
    your pages becomes much easier when you have the fundamentals down first.

    Jeanie Decker \(MS\), Aug 6, 2003

  3. SteveC

    Ed Guest

    Ed, Aug 13, 2003