Web Application Which calls Windows Forms DLL

Discussion in 'Software' started by arulmanoj78, Jan 16, 2009.

  1. arulmanoj78

    arulmanoj78

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I have created a windows control library project and have the DLL. In this project i have used one third party control also.
    Now i have created on web application and calling this DLL in the object tag of the Web page. Here i am able to run the webpage locally.
    After this i created a web setup project and installed in the server.
    From my client computer i am giving the path as "http:192.168.91.22/WebReport/WebForm1.aspx". It giving me the below error:

    "Coult not load file or assemble "myassemblyName" or one of it's dependencies"

    Also whenever i give the path "http:192.168.91.22/WebReport/WebForm1.aspx" from the client machine it is asking the username & password of the server where i have installed the web project.

    Now my question is do i have create strong name for the DLL including my windows control and add it to the GAC.

    I am using VS 2005 and .Net framework 2.0

    Thanks in advance.

    arulmanoj78, Jan 16, 2009