    be case, Oklahoma should have been included in wrangled of who should have
    been chosen for a champion play off. They are at as good as Florida at
    least

    pinchee, Dec 5, 2006

  2. pinchee

    Whiskers Guest

    Bowls is largely an amateur sport. I don't know anything about the US
    tournaments.

    Whiskers, Dec 5, 2006

  3. pinchee, this may have you out a little. It comes from another poster
    and his name has moniker has been supplied for proper attribution.

    stephenj <>

    Since the BCS bowls essentially amounts to equal revenue-sharing among
    the 6 major conferences (though of course it matters greatly whether
    in a given year you get 2 teams in or 1 team in), I just look at the
    conference payout's for the non-BCS bowls. Note that this is for
    actual
    participation. If a conference couldn't fill a contractual bowl slot,
    I don't credit them for it:

    1) SEC: 16.492 million
    2) BigTen: 11.424 million
    3) Big 12: 10.425 million
    4) ACC: 7.842 million
    5) Pac 10: 5.825 million
    6) Big East: 3.85 million

    So once again, we see four basic tiers. The SEC is in a class by
    itself, the BigTen and Big 12 are in tier II, the Pac 10 and ACC are
    in tier III, and the Big East is in the "barely BCS level" class.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Dec 5, 2006
  4.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Dec 5, 2006
  5. pinchee