    So why should I do this, and not keep the wavs since they are a smaller
    size...
    Any explanations will be appreciated greatly.....

    Rip Torin, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Rip Torin

    Jimchip Guest

    I don't know what you are doing but you should get a 12:1 compression ratio.
    The mp3 should be smaller.

    ..wav should carry the most information and you would maybe burn those to a
    CD as an archive. .mp3 strips out supposedly non-audible (or better, 'less
    likely to be audible') sounds.

    ..wav takes up more storage space but takes up less CPU cycles to play.

    Jimchip, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Rip Torin

    Fummie Guest

    You could check out this site: http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
    (Cdex)
    I change my MP3's to wav files so I can play them on any old CD player,
    without loss of quality or the size changing, I use a really small program
    called "change type" to do that.

    Fummie, Jul 1, 2003