    you might be able to adjust it?)

    Thanks,

    MW

    M Wilson, Dec 6, 2003

  2. M Wilson

    LauraK Guest

    Does anyone have any opinions on these cameras, or any
    The Oly Stylus is based on the time-proven design of the film Sylus.
    I've owned several Oly digitals and have never had a problem with them on
    indoor shots. There's no reason the Stylus should be different, unless you've
    got the flash set wrong. A lot of people use flash when they shouldn't or don't
    switch to red-eye.
    Oly was a leading developer of anti-redeye flash and theirs usually work better
    than other brands.
    It's a handly little camera. I like the design because the clamshell closes up
    and covers not just the lens but also the auto focusing window and the
    viewfinder. Which means you can throw it in a backpack or pocket and not worry
    about getting those windows scratched up.
    It also has rounded corners so it doesn't poke you when you sit down with the
    camera in your pocket.

    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    web design, print design, photography

    LauraK, Dec 6, 2003

  3. I'm using an Olympus C-5050 in a PT-015 housing. It's very water-proof.
    I think it's rated for use at depths of about 130 feet underwater.

    Fantasy Fotos, Dec 6, 2003
  4. M Wilson

    MikeWhy Guest

    I have Canon's waterproof housing the Canon S30; the S50 and siblings
    supposedly fit, too. About $200, but I don't clearly recall. Clear optical
    glass in front of the lens. Big buttons on the outside to work the controls.
    The only control you can't work is the lens cover to turn off the camera. It
    powers itself off after a few minutes.

    MikeWhy, Dec 6, 2003
  5. M Wilson

    Buster Guest

    In addition to the waterproof housing already mentioned for Canon,
    they also make a weatherproof housing for many of their cameras which
    sells for a little over $100 (I think).
    Buster

    Buster, Dec 7, 2003
  6. M Wilson

    M Wilson Guest

    Basd on the fact that I can only find the two cameras (Pentax &
    Olympus), I will have to look for the weatherproof cases. I have seen
    the waterproof ones, but they seem to be designed more for diving, and
    are therefore expensive. All I want is to keep the spray/rain off the
    camera, no underwater use.

    M Wilson, Dec 15, 2003
  7. M Wilson

    Bill Guest

    Sony has a rather funny looking digital that is supposed to be exactly what
    you are
    asking for. Check their web site.

    Bill, Dec 16, 2003
  8. M Wilson

    Chris Quinn Guest

    Have a look at something called the Aquapac - details are on
    www.maplin.co.uk - search for part no A74AB

    £14.99 in the UK (about $20) - I assume you could find something similar in
    the US

    Chris Quinn, Dec 16, 2003
  9. M Wilson

    Michael Guest