Water Coolers are they Really Better then The Tuniq Tower120

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unholy, Aug 13, 2005.

?

True?

  1. No

    100.0%
  2. Yes

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    STOCK... well i can insult you for that i haven't got anything more then a stock HSF :p

    unholy, Sep 6, 2005

  2. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I'm running stock at the moment until I get my new case (next week or two).

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 6, 2005

  3. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    cool... make sure u dont use 25mm fans they make way to much noise :p

    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  4. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    What? A 38mm x 120mm fan will make more noise than a 25mm x 120mm I thought :?

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  5. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i am talking bout a 25mmx25mmx10mm fan :D

    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  6. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Ah, the little ones. Nah mate I won't have a bar of that! ;) I'm getting this case specifically so I can have 120mm for fronts and rear (rad will be mounted bottom front with a push pull config). And it will have an 80mm psu fan and the stock video card fan which I may switch to something quieter later on. So since I'm using larger fans at lower rpms and moving same amount of air it should be fairly quiet.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  7. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    the robela has a dba sensor :p it puts out an extra 5dba on low fan speeds.

    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  8. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Ill just buy a pack of 6 8cm fans n stick them where ever they fit :p its like, $30AU for 6 8cm fans, and i dont need any glowing crap. Mebe just one red led fan for the top...

    XhArD, Sep 7, 2005
  9. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    haha u need glowing crap... or we will call u the dean rival! :p he loves having no fans in his computer... hes only got one on his CPU :p which i might add is a heafty amd xp 2800+, which heats up alot!

    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  10. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    You say that now, but at the end of the day you will wish you had all led fans ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  11. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    lol. maybe, but if i want glowing crap, ill buy it when i want it, not before :p atm, im happy enough with a computer that doesnt root itself. Maybe when it gets around to summer ill be convinced :p

    XhArD, Sep 7, 2005
  12. unholy

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I'd say half the prob would be that codegen PSU of yours (unless you are running something diff.) They are known to be very poor quality and if you can afford an extra $30-$40 I would recommend getting something better. Might make your system a bit more stable with some cleaner voltages.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  13. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Mebe later... like i sed, if i want it, ill buy it.

    XhArD, Sep 7, 2005
  14. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Psu's wont do marvels to voltages... just add that tad of stableity, i say i can run my computer at 240mhz fully stable (ram and all :D) it used to run at 230mhz and shit its pants right off... since i got the new Nuuo PSU its Hooning :D

    unholy, Sep 7, 2005