    watched via a DVD player on TV, but they cannot be viewed.

    Is there a way to do it with what I already have?

    Thanks, Scott

    Uncle Scotty, Aug 12, 2007

  2. You say you burned them to a CD as if it was a DVD. This could be a problem.
    A CD and a DVD have two different formats and your crossing the line may
    just confuse any player. But if you just saved the jpegs to the CD as
    individual files it may be possible to view these on a DVD player. Many
    players do have the ability to view jpegs burned to a CD. If on the other
    hand you are trying to view a "slideshow" that was created with some
    slideshow software and it assumes you are buring it to a DVD, and you
    didn't, the format mismatch has probably made a mess of it.

    So if you burned the individual image files to a CD and your DVD player does
    not recognize them, you may want to look into getting a new DVD player. Be
    sure to search the box for a symbol that shows it is compatable with jpeg
    (and normally mp3 and other formats).

    Good luck.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Aug 12, 2007

  3. Uncle Scotty

    Matt Ion Guest

    He did? I don't see "CD" anywhere in the original post...

    Matt Ion, Aug 12, 2007
  4. Uncle Scotty

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Yep. You need to create a slideshow movie and record the DVD as a
    movie disk instead of just using it to store data. No, I don't know
    how to do that on Windows just now. It's easy on a Mac, though.

    Ray Fischer, Aug 12, 2007
  5. Uncle Scotty

    DubDriver Guest

    I don't think so ... you need additional software something like;
    Magix PhotoStory on CD and DVD
    MemoriesOnTV Pro
    Moomasoft Photo DVD Wizard
    Moomasoft Photo Movie Creator
    Photo DVD Creator
    Anvsoft Photo DVD Maker
    VSO PhotoDVD
    VSO Software PhotoDVD
    Wondershare Photo2DVD Studio
    Zeallsoft Photo DVD Creator
    Zealotsoft Photo To VCD SVCD DVD Converter

    DubDriver, Aug 12, 2007
  6. Uncle Scotty

    Hoshisato Guest

    If your DVD player plays AVI files (and several do) then you could
    give the free Photo Story 3 from Microsoft a try. A Sonic plug-in to
    write in pure DVD format is $19.95

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx

    Hoshisato, Aug 12, 2007
  7. I think Windows Movie Maker does that. Here's an article about using it
    to present still photos.....

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/expert/northrup_02december02.mspx

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 12, 2007
  8. You are being told a load of crap by these guys. My DVD recorder/player will
    show Jpegs on a Cd ot a DVD without any special software. You mus have a
    rubbish DVD player, have you bothered to read the instruction manual?

    I simply copy the Jpegs onto a disk, and shove the disk into the drawer,
    after a few seconds the player shows them all in thumnail form, then as a
    slide show.

    It's your DVD player thats the problem.

    Dennis.

    Dennis Pogson, Aug 12, 2007
  9. Uncle Scotty

    Jim Townsend Guest

    It depends..

    How old is your DVD player? Older players that don't
    support progressive scan can't display JPEG images.

    If your DVD player is older and isn't reading the disc,
    then that's likely the reason.

    Jim Townsend, Aug 12, 2007
  10. Uncle Scotty

    Wayne Guest

    My DVD player will show JPG files if recorded on CDR, but not if
    recorded on DVD disks. Which is not much issue, because the DVD player
    menu can only see the first couple of hundred files anyway. Your DVD
    player manual should tell what disk formats it can play, and how many
    JPG files it can see.

    Note the JPG files should be small size dimensions for NTSC DVD players,
    480 pixels in the vertical direction is all that can be used in North
    America. It will show larger images, but the DVD player will resample
    them smaller (to 480 pixels height) for the NTSC output, which can be
    slow (and pointless).

    Wayne, Aug 12, 2007
  11. Did you burn it as a video? That is, the straight DVD movie format?
    What disk format? DVD-R, +R, +RW, etc. Not all standalone DVD
    players handle all formats, especially older ones.

    Did you burn it as a simple collection of jpegs (a DVD data disk)? In
    that case far fewer DVD players can handle those- it needs to be a
    very recent one.

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Aug 12, 2007
  12. Uncle Scotty

    webvideo Guest

    I know Total Video2Dvd Author supporting slideshow of picture. And can
    burn them to video DVD.

    webvideo, Aug 14, 2007
  13. Uncle Scotty

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Jim:

    My old Apex AD-5131 (DVD 3-disc "carrousel" changer, circa 2001) can
    play JPEG, MP3, HDCD and Kodak Picture CD; it even has a worthless
    karaoke function, which I've never used. <g>

    One thing it >does< lack, however, is progressive scan.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Aug 16, 2007
  14. Uncle Scotty

    John Turco Guest

    Wayne wrote:

    <edited>

    Hello, Wayne:

    My CyberHome DVD-655 player is a bit unusual, in that it >can< read
    JPEG images, recorded on DVD discs.

    The DVD-655 contains an HDMI output, also, which enables up-conversion
    of 480p to 1080i/720p. It cost only $79.83 USD, at a local Wal-Mart, in
    November of 2005.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Aug 16, 2007