    slamming the avi onto a CD. Is there a setting on my DVD player I need
    to set maybe?

    THANKS

    Erich93063, Oct 25, 2007

  2. Erich93063

    Mark W Guest

    Check the DVD player is capable of playing DivX at the bitrate of your
    chosen AVIs, and the latest version of the codec it supports.

    Mark W, Oct 25, 2007

  3. Erich93063

    elrous0 Guest

    Most DVD players suck at playing Divx files. Divx requires a LOT more
    CPU muscle to decode than a DVD (it's much more heavily compressed).
    You're not going to find that kind of muscle in most stand-alone
    players, hence you get artifacting, frame drops, poor audio/video
    sync. etc.

    -Eric

    elrous0, Nov 2, 2007
  4. Erich93063

    Mutley Guest

    Well I have a Pioneer DV 490 and it plays all Divx, Xvid and Mpeg 4
    stuff that conforms to PAL 720x576 standard or lower perfectly. Just
    a pity it won't play anything of a higher resolution. Guess I need to
    get a Tvix for that :)

    Mutley, Nov 4, 2007