Watch out - Virus about!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BBNet, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. BBNet

    BBNet Guest

    I work for a virus detection company, still under creation!.

    Recently I had been doing research into new viruses when I found the Wertons
    Virus. The virus makers had practically created the name thierselfs. They
    try to fool people by making the virus look like an actual virus detector!.

    All this virus does is makes a message appear which says - Warning - you
    have a virus, shutting down computer.
    It'll happen everytime you start-up your computer.

    It can be found in the popular P2P programs, but can't be detected by most
    virus blockers.
    If you have the virus, start-up your computer in safe mode. Click Start
    menu, go to Start-up, and delete (by right-clicking, then left clicking
    delete) the files you have never heard of. Do not download files from Kazaa
    which say "artist - [...][...]".

    Hope this helps you,
    JuiMagolongjoug Virus Protection Corporation International (c) 2004 (r)
    2004,
    #0001454

    BBNet, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Yes, and I work for the Klingons, and it really pisses us off when some
    dumbass acts as though he's discovered a computer virus when he's done
    no such thing. Now run along and don't warn us anymore.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 30, 2004

  3. BBNet

    Hammerer Guest

    Translation - "It caught me out - even though I work for a virus detection
    company"
    No it won't, because I wouldn't download it in the first place. Much less
    execute it.

    Hammerer, Nov 30, 2004
  4. BBNet

    GFG Guest

    This post is a little suspect in my view,although I have not always been
    correct in my assessments. That being said looking at the responses to your
    post thus far it doesn't appear that you are "winning any friends and
    influencing people" as a How To book title describes it. I'm just going to
    leave the Wertons Virus to its' own devices, carrying on fooling people as
    it travels around. I need something more official than your post to convince
    me that I should follow your advice.

    GFG, Nov 30, 2004
  5. BBNet

    °Mike° Guest

    Sure you do.

    "theirselfs", eh?

    Yeah, right! How convenient for your supposed new company.

    Bullis! Is that you?

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2004
  6. BBNet

    Scraggy Guest

    If you work for the Klingons then you are my sworn enemy.

    Scraggy, Nov 30, 2004
  7. BBNet

    gb Guest

    Theirselfs?

    gb, Nov 30, 2004
  8. BBNet

    Hackworth Guest

    Hmmmm. Him talkum plenty good English.

    <snip>

    Hackworth, Dec 1, 2004
  9. You don't always have to willingly download something.. If your OS has a
    security hole it can leak right through. :)

    That can be fixed though, just need a good firewall to prevent rouge
    connections.

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  10. BBNet

    Hammerer Guest

    No it can't. My firewall is good enough to prevent rouge connections.
    See? Heh!

    Hammerer, Dec 2, 2004
  11. You said no it can't before the if statement.. Therefore your first
    statement is invalid. :)

    You see, it would work if you said that after the second statement. lol

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004