    From: "Deb Pagani" <>
    To: <A number of invalid, and one valid e-mail address at my domain>
    Subject: National City - Account Problem
    Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:30:16 -0500
    X-IP:210.176.114.220

    Dear National City Account Holder,

    During our regular update and verification of the Internet Banking
    Accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your
    information has been changed or incomplete, as a result your access to
    use our services has been limited.

    Please update your information by clicking Reply and providing your
    account login and password.

    Sincerely,
    National City Accounts Department.

    Evan Platt, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Evan Platt

    SgtMinor Guest

    This doesn't seem any more sophisticated than other attempts. It still
    asks for information that you *know* you shouldn't ever provide.

    SgtMinor, Nov 27, 2005

  3. I fail to see how that's any "smarter" than any of the dozens I've
    received over time.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 27, 2005
  4. Evan Platt

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Nov 27, 2005
  5. Evan Platt

    7 Guest

    Well if you post your details here, we can check that no one
    has phished you.

    7, Nov 27, 2005
  6. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    For SgtMinor and Roger:

    I guess I didn't lay the sarcasm on high enough.. :)

    That was the WORST phish attempt I've ever seen. I mean there's the
    ones that don't even attempt to hide the URL (i.e. make the link say
    www.yourbank.com even though it goes to www.somedomaininchina.hk ..)
    or say From: Bank Customer Service - I mean this one made no attempt
    at 'faking' anything. Sheesh, I may have just as well have e-mailed
    people myself.

    I'm guessing Joe Job.

    Evan Platt, Nov 27, 2005
  7. Gotcha now. Perhaps they should have made the subject "Phishing attempt,
    please don't bother if you know shit about cyberspace."

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 27, 2005
  8. Evan Platt

    Mitch Guest

    The one I always get (although the bank keeps changing) Has the same
    spelling and grammatical errors, same format, and most of the same
    message.
    It's like after the first round fails, they figure a few more identical
    tries might be taken as real.

    God, I hope no one is falling for those.

    Mitch, Nov 27, 2005
  9. Evan Platt

    SgtMinor Guest

    Well, damn Evan. Maybe you had your tongue in the other cheek, I sure
    as hell didn't catch it.

    SgtMinor, Nov 27, 2005