    costs £6.50 a month ( though I use the £18.00 a month quarterly) Its
    brilliant

    Oh and ITV and channel 4 work to

    k2chris, Mar 13, 2009

  2. k2chris

    Cautious Joe Guest

    i dont mean to rain on your parade.
    but why would you want to watch uk tv when you are abroad on holiday?
    Strange.
    And why would you pay some company money to access your internet? I
    thought VPN software was available freely.

    Cautious Joe, Mar 14, 2009

  3. k2chris brought next idea :
    But you can't watch music on Youtube, all UK users are blocked from
    Youtube music videos.

    "YouTube Blocks UK Users From Watching Music Videos"

    LONDON — Google Inc. said Monday it will block U.K. users from watching
    music videos on its popular video-sharing site YouTube after
    negotiations with Britain's music royalty-collecting body broke down.

    Google said it would begin blocking British users starting Monday
    night. The Internet titan said it knew the move would cause
    "significant disappointment."

    But it said its hand was forced by PRS for Music, which it said is
    asking for royalties that would cause Google to lose money every time a
    video was played on YouTube.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/10/youtube-blocks-uk-users-f_n_173431.html

    Frank Merlott, Mar 15, 2009
  4. k2chris

    paleo

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Another cheap option which is really the most simple and time efficient method is from a company called ADTelly.tv . I had spent ages messing about with UK Proxy servers which never seemed to work for me until my sister put me on to this.

    ADTelly.tv provide a simple toolbar which sits on top of your Firefox browser. When you click on, say, the iplayer button, it auto routes you through their UK servers.

    I have used it and the service is really good and it costs only £5 a month. Or I had the option of getting 2 months free by subscribing for a year which I will certainly do when my 1 month sub runs out.

    paleo, Apr 1, 2009
  5. k2chris

    pkmember

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    How To Watch BBC iPlayer SkyPlayer Channel 4OD and ABC Outside The USA & UK

    Watch-TV-Abroad.com . I was desperate to play Body Of Proof on ABC.com when travelling through Asia. I found out how to set up a private proxy server to fool ABC into believing I was in the USA. Learn how I did it by visiting watch-tv-abroad.com [copy and paste this link into your browser] . You are minutes away from watching US and UK TV from abroad

    pkmember, Sep 6, 2010
  6. k2chris

    khristalyn

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    If anyone has an internet tv like a Sony Bravia it has internet widgets. If you are in UK it includes BBC iplayer but outside UK no iplayer. The guys at www.uk-iplayer.com have worked out how to get iplayer on my Bravia for me. Bit complicated to explain but as well as subscribing to the uk-iplayer proxy I also had to install some free software on my pc that is on the same network as the Bravia.

    khristalyn, Jul 27, 2011