[Wash Post article] Digital freedom - more phots - more creativity

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alan Browne, May 13, 2005.

  1. Alan Browne

    Alan Browne Guest

    Alan Browne, May 13, 2005

  2. Alan Browne

    Scott W Guest

    An interesting article, thanks for post the link.

    I was surprised that digital camera owns on average only shoot 35
    photos a month. I shoot well over 1000/month and I know O am not alone
    in this. you really have to wonder where they come up with the number
    of photos taken digitally, with film it is easy you just look at how
    much film is sold, but how on earth do you get a good number for
    digital photos. I asked my parents to estimate how many photos that
    had taken with their digital camera, they guessed about 700, the real
    number was closer to 7000 (the photos were on the hard drive so it was
    easy to count them).

    The main point the article was making is valid, the people are feeling
    a great freedom in what photos they take.

    Scott

    Scott W, May 13, 2005

  3. Alan Browne

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I know exactly how many pictures I have taken with my camera. It is
    right there in every filename. Since May last year, about 1750. That's
    a bit over 100 a month, but 470 were taken between May 29 and June 4.
    last year.

    Ron Hunter, May 14, 2005